chapter 8

"there's a few things we need to talk about, I'm guessing" he said, lifting his head up and looking me in the eyes

i gulped and nodded, not liking where this was going "y-yeah, i guess so.." i said, not breaking eye contact with him

he nodded "well- for starters, i just wanted to say that I'm sorry about not talking to you.." the boy in front of me looked down, clearly guilty, but that wasn't gonna stop me from saying what i had to say

"then why'd you do it?" zach said and looked up at jack "if you're sorry about it, then why'd you let it happen? why'd you wait 5 years to get in touch with me?" i said, not breaking eye contact with the man in front of me.

"because, zach, after we broke up i was still in love with you. i couldn't stop thinking about you, and seeing you, or even talking to you was just going to make it worse" jack sighed "i didn't want to do it, but it was for the best.. for both of us"

i sighed and shook my head "do you really think it was 'for the best'" i said, the last pare in a sort of mocking voice "if it was for the best then you would have told me. if you would have told me, maybe i would have understood, but, no, you just went hush mode on me, jack, and do you know how bad that hurt me personally?" i said, looking at him

by this time jack felt horrible, but he knew that it would have to come out sooner or later, and he would rather it be sooner.

"i didn't mean to hurt you, zach. i just wanted to stop loving you, but obviously that didn't work." jack sighed, his heart pounding in his chest. he knew zach was about to yell at him, and in all of his years knowing Zach, he knew to just sit back and listen.

"you wanted to stop loving me?" zach scoffed "you don't know the pain i went through when you left. i thought you hated me, that you wanted nothing to do with me. i had no idea what i did wrong, and day after day i would lock myself in my room and just wonder. i finally came to the conclusion that you hated me because i told you i couldn't go with you when you left." i said, slightly louder than you should have "i spiraled downhill into a pit of depression. I tried offing myself time after time, but it never worked." I said, tears welling in my eyes.

"zach.. im so-" at this point jack had no words. there was nothing that he could say that would make up for him leaving and completely ignoring his best friend for 5 years. he caused zach to go through all these things, and now all he could do was blame himself.

"and just when i thought i was finally getting over you. you came back, you came back and made me realize that i wasn't" i said, a tear slipping down my face.

"I know there's nothing I can say to make me seem like any less of an asshole, but all those years that I was trying to get over you.. i never did." I heard jack shift in his seat and felt a hand touch mine "every time I was with someone I thought of you, no matter how long it had been since I seen you, I thought about you"

I looked up at him "jack- can i tell you something?" i said nervously

he nodded and gently squeezed my hand "go ahead"

"i never tried to get over you" I spoke, barely above a whisper

————————————————————————

Word count: 637

Hey! I'm back with another chapter. I think this one was kind of all over the place as well, but that's okay.

I posted a new book the other day and it isn't getting any love, so go show it some it's Called
Just Give Me Time

It's zonah and I think it's gonna be good (:

so yeah, vote and comment (: