Complete

THIS IS BOOK THREE IN THE “BROKEN” TRILOGY. PLEASE READ THE OTHER TWO BOOKS IN THE TRILOGY BEFORE READING THIS ONE. THANK YOU.

Two books that come before Complete:

Broken

Finding You

Both of the aforementioned books can be found on my profile: www.wattpad.com/user/RelentlessChaos

*** Copyright: No content may be copied or used as another person's. Broken, Finding You, and Complete all belong to Wattpad user RelentlessChaos. Any content that is copied is an act of plagiarism. Please do not take my work. ***

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- Prologue -

“No, you have to close your eyes,” Gemma argued as she cupped her hands over my eyes. “It’s a surprise.”

“Gem, I can’t even see. What are you doing?”

“You’ll see in a moment. Be patient,” She assured me.

Only a few moments later, her hands left my eyes and I took in the scene around me. The room was filled with people.

“What is this?” I asked Gemma.

She rolled her eyes in fake annoyance and said, “It’s a surprise baby shower, Ariella!”

“But there are men here! Men aren’t supposed to come to baby showers!” I protested.

“Do you think I would have gotten away with not inviting the boys? I would have been slaughtered,” Gemma argued.

“That’s completely true,” I agreed with her.

“Surprise, Ariella. I’m so glad we could be here,” Delilah spoke as she approached me. James stood by her side with his hand around her arm.

“It’s so good to see you two again. It’s been so long,” I told them.

“We wouldn’t miss this for the world. When Gemma called and asked us to come, we couldn’t say no,” James insisted.

When I turned to look at Gemma, she was no longer in her spot beside me, but instead across the room speaking to Christian. I smiled politely at him before resuming conversation with Delilah and James.

“How long are you staying for? You’re always welcome to stay with Niall and me.”

“Oh, that won’t be necessary. We have to leave tonight to make it home in time for a funeral,” Delilah answered. “An old friend of mine passed away and the funeral is in two days.”

I extended my arm out to her shoulder. “I’m so sorry to hear that, Delilah.”

“It’s quite alright, my dear. While it is acceptable to grieve, I believe it was her time. Alzheimer’s really took a toll on her.”

“Delilah, you don’t have to go and depress the girl during her baby shower. This is supposed to be a time of celebration,” James told Delilah.

“I didn’t want her to think we were just staying for the food,” She argued back.

James began to laugh and then the two diverged into their own conversation. I smiled and stepped away so that I could talk to other people. I saw Liam sitting on the couch with his girlfriend Sophia, whom I hadn’t properly been introduced to before. Eleanor and Louis were beside them, clearly engaged in a conversation.

I felt sad when I realized that Danielle hadn’t shown up – and I hadn’t expected her to because of obvious reasons – but part of me wished she was here for this important moment. Just as I became completely engrossed in my own thoughts, a hand touched my shoulder and snapped me back into reality.

I turned around and came face to face with Perrie.

“Hi, Ariella! Congratulations. I can’t wait until the twins are here,” She said in excitement.

“Thank you. I only have a few months left,” I told her.

She looked around in curiosity. “Speaking of your pregnancy, where is your husband?”

“I don’t exactly know. I saw him right when I walked into the room but I haven’t seen him since,” I told her honestly.

“Babe!” Zayn yelled.

“Zayn, where is Niall?” Perrie asked him.

He shrugged and walked closer to us. He put an arm around Perrie’s waist and started a conversation with her. I walked away from them to converse with Eleanor and Louis.

“Ari, it’s so good to see you,” Louis said. He stood up and gave me a hug. “I can’t believe you’re having twins. What a handful.”

“I know. It’s going to be crazy. I don’t know what I got myself into,” I joked.

He and Eleanor laughed.

“El, have you heard from Danielle?” I asked her.

“Yeah,” She said as she nervously glanced to Liam and Sophia, who were beside her. She stood and walked with me to the other side of the room.

“So, what’s up with her?”

“She really wanted to be here. I know she’s going to regret not coming. She just doesn’t want to see Liam and Sophia. She’s over him, and I’m sure of that, but seeing him with Sophia would be weird considering that she and Sophia used to be really good friends.”

“I understand that,” I said softly. And I did understand. I wasn’t angry at her. Truthfully I wouldn’t want to put her in a situation that would make her so uncomfortable, anyway.

Without another word, Eleanor and I walked back over to the couch where she was previously seated. I took in a deep breath and stood in front of Liam and Sophia.

“Hi, Liam,” I greeted him.

His eyes lit up as he smiled at me. He looked to Sophia and then back at me. “Hi, Ariella. This is my girlfriend, Sophia.”

“It’s nice to meet you, Sophia,” I told her. It was weird that I hadn’t met her yet, considering how close Liam and I were.

She had a smile that lit up her entire face. When I really looked at her I noticed how beautiful she was.

“It’s so nice to finally meet you too, Ariella. I’ve heard so much about you from Liam,” She said.

“Good things, I hope,” I said.

“Of course. He loves you,” She told me.

“You’re a lucky girl, Sophia. Liam is so amazing. It’s been great to have him as a friend.”

Liam’s face began to turn pink as he heard my compliment.

“Well, I don’t mean to run away, but I should probably find Niall –” I started to say, but my words were interrupted.

Niall and Harry ran into the room with lots of ribbons that were shaped as animal tails. There were various colored ribbons that resembled the tails of donkeys, giraffes, and zebras.

Niall stood up on the coffee table and shouted to get everyone’s attention.

“Attention everyone, it’s time to play ‘pin the tail on the mother!’

Everyone focused their attention on me.