Chapter Two

Hello lovelies. I would like to start out by saying that I know this is pretty short, but I have my reasons. It is a certain length because I wanted to make this abrupt, because sometimes things come into our lives abruptly and without caution... That is exactly what is about to happen to Ariella and Niall. So, I hope you enjoy.

This chapter is dedicated to ultracal. She is a phenomenal writer and has some great books. I'm currently reading Bridesmaid (a Calum Hood AU) so if you are a fan of 5SOS I strongly recommend that you check it out and give her feedback! She definitely deserves it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Chapter Two

            It was 2:32 AM when the sound of screams interrupted my slumber. Time seemed to stand still as I couldn’t seem to get out of bed fast enough. I didn’t even look back at my sleeping husband as I made a beeline for the twins’ room. With shaky hands, I opened the door and looked at the two screaming infants. I picked up Evan, whose crib was the closest proximity to me, and then carried Eva in my other arm. The two wouldn’t stop crying and I didn’t know what to do. I was having a first-time-mother freak out moment.

            I carried the two infants to my room and got into bed very slowly, sitting with my back against the headboard of the bed. Niall slowly turned and opened his eyes, finally waking up. His eyes widened as he realized what was going on. Taking Evan in his arms, he began rocking back and forth to try and get him back to sleep.

He looked flustered and a little angry. “Why didn’t you wake me up?”

“It wasn’t my first instinct to wake you up when I heard them crying. I just ran to them,” I told him, wondering why I had to even explain myself in the first place.

            Niall yawned in an adorable way, which I hated to admit considering he was in such a bad mood.

“So I guess they’re sleeping with us?” Niall asked.

I nodded to avoid speaking to him because I didn’t want to say anything irrational. He slowly reclined himself into a horizontal position with Evan draped across his chest. Soon Evan became silent, his small chest rising up and down in a slow pattern. Eva was still fussy but I reclined backwards beside Niall to calm her down. She stared at Niall and her cries became softer. His eyes met hers and he gave her a tired smile.

“Hi baby,” He spoke softly.

He extended his hand out to her, which put her at ease. She wrapped her hand around his thumb and closed her eyes.

Niall sighed as he looked at the two sleeping twins. “Well, we’re gonna have a hard time getting them to sleep in their own cribs.”

“Yeah.”

“Good night, Ariella,” Niall said quietly. It looked like he wanted to say something else but he kept his mouth shut after that.

“Good night, Niall.”

I woke up to the sound of crying again. This time it was at a much more reasonable time, though. It was 8:30 AM and I noticed that I was alone in a bed with two crying infants. I picked them up and made my way to the kitchen to get their bottles ready because I knew that these were hunger cries. Standing in front of the stove, looking rather confused, was Niall.