8 | ➳ what am I to you?

chapter 8: what am I to you?

"Can you... let go?" I say as I push taehyung's large hands off my wrist as I continue to feel his fingers wrapped around my small wrist. Taehyung frowns as he stops walking, turning half of his body towards me. "What's wrong?"

I scoff. "You're holding me like I'm yours and I'm not, okay? So just treat me like a mutual friend"

I turn around, remembering the past as the memories continue to rewind in my mind. I walk off as taehyung frowns. "Yah! Where are you going? It's raining!"

I hear his footsteps from behind, running towards me as I hug myself from how cold it is. "I'm walking home." I say as I continue to hug myself.

I walk towards the pathway when taehyung suddenly I feel his hands on my shoulders as he stops in front of me. 

"Yah, yah, yah. No. You're coming home with me." He says as I watch his hair drip from the rain.

I sigh as taehyung grabs my arm, pulling me towards his vehicle soaking wet as we quickly hopped on, trying to avoid the rain as we hopped on. 

"why did you make such a fuss? Now we're super wet." Taehyung says as I sigh.

"wait. Here.." Taehyung reaches out to the passenger seat, seeing him grab his hoodie. "use this."

"Use it for what?" I ask as he chuckles. "To keep warm? Or to dry yourself? Either way, just use it."

I stare at the hoodie as I try to figure out what I'm supposed to do as I he lets out a deep sigh.

"come here."

I stare deep into his eyes as I felt him place the jacket over my head, drying my hair as I felt myself smile.

As I shut my eyes, feeling his hands circulate around my hair, he stops as I open my eyes slowly. I move my head, looking up towards him as he stares deep into my eyes. 

I remember staring at him for so long that it felt like we were together again. He places his hands down, slowly down to my cheeks as I felt my eyes water. 

I look down, making taehyung's hands slip off my cheeks as I sigh. "What am I to you?" 

I keep my head down as I felt my tears start to fall from my eyes. I felt kim taehyung place his soft finger tips on my chin, pushing it slowly upwards so I was able to face him as he smiles softly. 

"You are every hope I've ever had in human form." 

I felt myself wanting to cry, to burst out all of my tears but I held it in. 

"we should go." I say as I face back to the front of the car, grabbing my seatbelt as I hear him sigh deeply. "heuri..." 

I turn my head towards him as I raise an eyebrow as I watch his eyes move to my lips. He licks his soft lips as he smiles softly. "nevermind. It's not important" 

He faces the front of his car, turning the engine on as I watch him buckle his seatbelt on as I sigh deeply. "why did you leave me?" 

Taehyung turns his head towards me, raising his eyebrows. "wh-what?". I clear my throat as I give him eye contact. "Why did you leave me... when I forgave you for what you did to me? It was god damn tough to forgive what you did but I forgave you and yet, you still left me." 

Taehyung turns off his engine as he sighs deeply.