16 | ➳ i missed you

chapter 16:
i missed you

i arrive at the cafe, seeing kim seokjin as i walk towards the counter.
"ooo good afternoon heuri, what you doing here?" he asks resting his hands on the table.

"hi, im meeting up with taehyung." i say as he raises his eyebrows. "is that a good idea?"

i shrug. "i have no clue."
he looks up at me with a you-do-you look and points at him with his eyes. "he's over there by the window."

i turn around, seeing taehyung wearing a long brown coat with his artist hat and just overall looking handsome and neat as always staring out the window as i smile at jin, walking towards taehyung.

"hi taehyung" i say as he turns his head towards me from looking outside and stands up. "heuri... hello. i didnt think you would come honestly." he chuckles awkwardly.

"really? you've been here for awhile havent you? and you havent left" i say laughing.

taehyung looks more nervous than usual. "im sorry for messaging and calling you so much."
i shake my head. "dont worry about it."

i take a seat as he follows, sitting down and staring at me.
"so why did you want to meet up?" i ask him as he widens his eyes. "i just wanted to check on you."
i laugh. "why?"

he smiles softly. "well... wait actually before we continue, do you want anything?"
i shake my head. "no im fine"
"i insist. i'll get you a coffee?" he suggests as i thought twice about it.

"no... well actually eeeek okay." i say as he smiles and laughs. he raises his hand signalling jin as i check the time, worrying about jungkook getting out of class.

taehyung orders a coffee from jin as i continue to fidget with my fingers.

"so how are you?" he asks me as i smile softly. "im doing good. how about you?"
"ive been fine." he smiles back at me.

"wait can i ask you something?" i say as he widens his eyes. "yes?"
"were you by any chance with chaerin yesterday?" i ask.

i continuously wondered about chaerin and how she got drunk so much last night.

"uh yes i was with her yesterday." he says as i nodded. "did you guys go out for drinks?"

his expression went down. "no? why? is she okay?"
"yeah she is but she drank alot. she passed out pretty quickly. she didnt tell you she was going out to drink?" i say as he shook his head.
"well, her and i kind—"

incoming call from 'jeon jungkookie'
[ answer | decline ]

"oh im sorry, jungkooks calling me" i say as taehyung nods. "its fine."

incoming call from 'jeon jungkookie'
[ answer | decline ]

lhri:
"helloooo jungkook"

jjk:
"hey, class is done. where
are you?"

lhri:
"im waiting for you."

jjk:
"where?"

i look at taehyung as he smiles softly.

lhri:
"wait where are you?"

jjk:
"im literally just about
to walk out of the class.
where do you wanna eat?"

lhri:
"patbingsu cafe?"

jjk:
"hmmm..."

i continue to think about it as i realise maybe patbingsu cafe isnt the best place.

jjk:
"sure why no—"

lhri:
"ACTUALLY lets eat somewhere
else."

jjk:
"what why?"

lhri:
"i dont know. its good
to try out new things so
lets try out somewhere
different."

jjk:
"haha okay. where are
you? meet me in front of
the science campus."

lhri:
"ooo okay okay. ill head
there now."

[ ends call ]

"sorry about that but i have to go meet jungkook now." i say as taehyung widens his eyes. "oh yep okay. it did sound like you need to go so."

i grab my things as i gave taehyung a hug. "it was nice seeing you."
he smiles. "it was nice seeing you as well. dont forget your coffee"

i widen my eyes. "oh yeah! seokjin, my coffee?" i say as seokjin smiles. "here you go. its in a mug though?"
"well i gotta go." i say laughing as he nods, preparing the coffee in a container.

as i wait for jin, taehyung and i were standing by the counter.
"do you want me to drop you off? how'd you get here?" he asks.
"i ubered."
"okay ill drop you off." he suggests as i shook my head. "no no its fine."

taehyung laughs. "ill drop you off okay? dont worry."

i finally get my coffee as i smile softly. "okay."

i say goodbye to jin as we head to his car.

as i hop into his car, taehyung chuckles. "so much things happened between us while riding this car huh?"

i laugh awkwardly. "yeah..."

kim taehyungs pov;

during the ride, i had realised heuri had fallen asleep and that i have been talking to myself for the past few minutes.

we had arrived at the dorm as i watch her sleep. i couldn't help but smile.
"heuri...? we're here."

she still did not budge. i lean closer to her and kissed her forehead. "i missed you so much."

suddenly, heuri slowly wakes up as i quickly move back and clear my throat.
"oh? oh my gosh im sorry" she says as she wipes her mouth.

i laugh. "its okay. we're here so you should go." i say as she nods.

"yeah okay. thank you so much taehyung." she says as i smile, nodding.

she leans in and gives me a hug.

holy my heart fluttered so much but as i was hugging her, i saw a familiar figure as i noticed that it was jeon jungkook.