Chapter 9 - The tournament officially starts

-The stadium-

"THE FIRST MATCH IS BETWEEN STEVEN, THE FORMER HOENN CHAMPION AND DIANTHA, THE FORMER KALOS CHAMPION!"

There were some cheers heard from the crowd.

Steven and Diantha made their way onto the stage.

"This is a 3 on 3 Pokemon Battle between former hoenn champion, Steven and former kalos champion, Diantha. There is no time limit. Substitutions are allowed. Bring out your Pokemon!" The referee exclaimed.

-Up in the stands-

"I heard that Steven and Diantha were married." Sawyer said.

"Yeah, with a 6 year old kid." Alain continued.

"That's true. I met their son, Ash." Ash replied.

"What?!" Ash's friends exclaimed.

"Their son's name is Ash?!" Gary asked, shocked. Ash nodded.

"They said I was the best trainer they ever met. So they named their son Ash, it's actually short for Ashton." Ash said.

Right then, Serena came, holding the hand of a small boy with hair sort of like Steven Stone's. She sat next to Ash, and Ash took the boy and made him sit on his lap.

"Who's this kid?" Korrina asked.

"Hi! My name is Ash. Ashton Stone. It's nice to meet you!" The little boy said, with a bright smile.

Ash's friends were shocked alright.

"This." Alain pointed at the small boy. "Is Ash?"

Serena and Ash nodded.

"His parents are battling, so someone has to keep him." Serena said.

"We've got to talk to him once in a while on our X-transceiver. We didn't tell you guys, because we wanted it to be a surprise." Ash explained.

"Uncle A, Aunt Sere, are these your friends?" (Little) Ash asked.

"Yes. This is Alain, Aria, Clemont, Korrina, Gary, Lillie, Max, Bonnie, Sawyer, Shauna, Jessie, James, Trevor and Mairin." Serena introduced everyone to (little) Ash.

"Uncle Al, Aunt Ria. Uncle Mont, Aunt Rina. Uncle Gray, Lil Aunt. Uncle Ax, Aunt Bon. Uncle Saw, Aunta. Uncle ames, Aunt Jess. Uncle Trev and Aunt Rin. Right?" (Little) Ash said, pointing at Ash's friends.

Serena and Ash sweatdropped. Everyone else were confused with the names.

"Well, you see, Ash likes coming up with nicknames. So he gave you guys 1 too. Mine is Uncle A. Serena is Aunt Sere. Because I call her Sere a lot, he thought her name was Sere." Ash explained.

"Ohhh..."

"But seriously? Uncle Ax?" Max asked.

"Uncle Saw?" Sawyer asked as well.

"Lil Aunt?" Lillie asked.

"Uncle Mont?" Clemont asked.

"Uncle Gray?"

Ash and Serena giggles nervously.

"Sorry. If he's come up with a nickname, he won't change it." Serena said.

Sawyer, Clemont, Max, Gary and Lillie sighed.

Everyone turned back to the battle. It looks like both former champions were down to their last Pokemon: Mega Metagross, and Mega Gardevoir.

And both Pokemon were worn out.

"Okay, Metagross. One last Hyper Beam!" Steven gave his last order.

"Gardevoir, put all your strength onto the last moonblast!" Diantha also gave her last order.

Both Pokemon charged their last attacks, and then, released it. There was a huge explosion. And the dust gathered.

After the dust cleared...

"Gardevior is unable to battle! The victory goes to Steven and Metagross!" The referee announced.

A few seconds later, Metagross reverted to it's original form and fell down, fainted.

"Thank you Gardevoir. You were amazing out there. Return!" Diantha returned Gardevoir to her Pokeball.

"You did amazing too Metagross. Thank you. Return!" Steven returned Metagross as well.

The 2 former champions met in the centre of the battle field.

"Great battle."

"You too. But we already know who was going to be victorious." Diantha said, as she smilied.

"AMAZING BATTLE, MOM AND DAD!"
A child's voice shouted from the stands.

Steven and Diantha, along with the rest of the stadium turned to (little) Ash. Steven and Diantha sweatdropped.

"Thanks, Master Ash!" Steven and Diantha thanked. 'Master' was (little) Ash's nickname. He wanted to be a Pokemon Master just like his Uncle A.

Everyone's eyes (excluding Ash's group and the former champions and former elites) widened as big as sausers.

"LOOK AT THAT FOLKS! STEVEN AND DIANRHA HAVE TIED THE KNOT!" The announcer, Antony exclaimed.

"Yeah, wait to state the obvious." Ash muttered.

And for an hour, Steven and Diantha got alot of congratulations from everyone.

-In the VIP stands-

"If we give the same news, I hope they won't waste an hour to congradulate us." Cynthia, former Sinnoh champion whispered to her husband Lance, former Johto champion.

"I hope so..." He said.

"ALRIGHT EVERYONE! THE REST OF THE BATTLES WILL BE PUT UP ON THE BOARD IN THE RECEPTION! GO THERE TO FIND OUT WHO YOU'RE UP AGAINST! THE NEXT BATTLE WILL BE THIS EVENING! UNTIL NEXT TIME, FOLKS!"

Everyone left the stadium to get to the Reception to see who they're battling against.

"Let's see... I'm up against a trainer named Calem. It looks like he was the Kalos League champion last year," Alain said.

"I'm up against Sawyer." Gary said.

"I'm battling former elite, Caitlyn." Bonnie said.

"I'm against the former Unova champion, Alder." Max said.

"I'm battling a trainer called Hugh." Clemont said.

"I'm against the traitor, Trip." Korrina said.

"I'm battling a traitor as well: Misty." Trevor said.

"I'm up against a trainer named Ethan." Mairin said.

"Who are you up against, Ash?" Sawyer asked.

"It's been a while. Hasn't it?" A voice said from behind them.

Ash smiled. Then turned around.

"Nice to see you again..." Ash started.

"Paul."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And...done!

How was it? Tell me in the comments please.

Sorry for the late update.

Anyway, Shout out to purpleorchid123 opskylanders123 and inspiredwriter3456 for following me! Thanks alot!

Anyway, please vote, comment and share! Jaden52001 please point out my errors!

I hope you enjoyed reading!😊

See you later, starlights!💫