Chapter 10- First Battle

-Stadium Reception-

"Well, look here, a trainer who lost 6 leagues in a row, is now the world's champion and Pokémon Master. How've you been?" Paul stated, extending his hand to Ash.

Ash shook it.

"Great. With some of my friends betraying me, having to move to another region, changing my name, and, well, life's been great." Ash stated. Nobody knew if he was being sarcastic or not.

"Oh, I heard about the betrayal thing. How've you been holding up?"

"Well, the bright side is... I have friends who would stick by my side no matter what, and a younger brother. So... if you look at the pros, life's been amazing!" Ash said, smiling.

"A little brother? Since when do you have a little brother?" Paul asked, confused.

"Since the betrayal. Max, May's 'former' brother, left his family and asked my mother, Delia to adopt him, because he didn't want to live with a monster anymore. And she agreed." Ash replied.

"Okaaay... anyway, what are you doing in Alola? Besides being invited to the tournament."

"We live in Alola. Our house is on top of a hill, here in Melemele island."

"Wait, that huge mansion on the hill belongs to you?!" Paul asked.

"To me, my family and Pokémon. All of us live there. It wasn't that hard to build it, considering we all made it together." Ash said.

At that moment, Paul went blank. Who could build a mansion by themselves? Much less a house.

"That's..." he felt light-headed, "a bit unbelievable.

"Yeah. But, considering how many Pokémon we had, it was deemed possible," Ash smiled, rubbing his finger under his nose.

"Sorry, I have my battle soon. I gotta go." Alain said, walking away with Aria. Mairin, Trevor, Sawyer and Lillie tagged along.

-A half hour later-

Paul was at a Café with a familiar Kalosian blunette: Miette.

"Let's head back to the stadium. I heard the 6th Frontier Brain, Touya, will be having his battle soon." Paul nodded.

They headed to the Moltres battlefield. That's where Alain and Calem's battle is. When they arrived, they looked for Ash's gang.

"There they are." Miette said pointing towards the 5th and 6th row of seats. They took a seat with them.

"Hey, Paul." Ash greeted. "Wait, Miette?"

She waved. "Heya, Ash."

Before any conversation could be made, the referee spoke.

"The match between the Kalos League champion, Calem and the 6th frontier brain, Al-Touya is about to commence." He said, with a slip of the tongue. "This is a 3 on 3 battle, with no time limit. Substitutions are not allowed. Trainers, bring out your first Pokemon!"

"Scizor, battle ready!"

"Hawlucha, you're up!"

"Battle...BEGIN!"

"Scizor, metal claw!" Alain commanded first.

Scizor's claw started to glow white. He charged at Hawlucha.

"Hawlucha, dodge!" Calem ordered.

Hawlucha barely, but successfully dodged metal claw.

"Hawlucha, use high jump kick!"