Happy birthday mr. baggins

Ash's pov

I dressed appropriately for the travel to the shire. Casual but protective if needs be. In a bag, similar to the one Bilbo had carried at the beginning of our adventure that he had gifted me for my 2,031 birthday this year, I placed a dress and an elvish weapon made of crystal to show the younger hobbits as they always hung out of me as they would with Gandalf. I chuckled at the memory of a few years ago when they tackled him to the ground and all pretended to be dragons, which to them was only a fairytale.

I placed my headdress on me head and smiled putting the bag onto my back and running out of my room and to the thrown to say goodbye to Ada. I opened my mouth to say goodbye to him quickly until I froze with confusion when I saw him talking to a guard. "I'm sorry am I interrupting something?" I asked. Ada and the guard looked up. "Not at all" my father replied as he got up and strode down to me. "This is Beinion. He will be accompanying you on your journey this year." Father told me with a smile. I was silent for a moment.

"papa why do I need a guard to come with me. I've made the journey by myself for years and I've been fine." I told him. The guard took off his helmet. His name didn't fail him. In our language his name basically meant he was handsom. He was, but I wasn't interested in him at all. He came over and knelt infront of me, smiling as he took my hand and went to kiss it. I pulled it away quickly and walked back to my father who was going back to his throne. I grabbed his sleeve. "Because little one, you need protection. I don't want you getting hurt. These are dangerous times. If I lose you and your brother never returns I'll have nothing. Please just do this to ease my worries" He asked as he turned around and held my face, stroking my cheek with his thumb. I put one of my hands over his. I felt loved and I didn't want the moment to end. "Ok father.." I replied and a happy smile spread across his cheeks. "Thank you. Now off you go Lithônion" he told me as he took his hands away I sighed and nodded.

I left quickly but, sadly, Beinion was at My heals like a lost dog. I rolls my eyes and took off my bag attaching it to my horses saddle and getting on quickly. I left as fast as I could and i got out of the forest before him, but he kept catching up. I sighed and slowed down so he could catch up. "Lithônion! There you are" He said. "What's the actual reason your hear?" I asked him. He didn't answer me and I rolled my eyes as I rode slowly to the shire. "So" he began. "What exactly is a hobbit?" He asked. "They are a timid people. They are smaller then dwarves and have hairy feet with thick soles making them not need shoes. They love good, comfort and are the kindest souls you'll ever meet" I replied with a smile. He didn't even smile back. I swear this man is allergic to any emotion except creepy.

"So dwarves minus the dirt? Disgusting" he replied. I stopped my horse and glares daggers at him. "Call the dwarves or the hobbits disgusting again and I will send you home and remove your title. Is that understood captain?!" I yelled at him making him flinch and I continued to ride. "Since when do you care so damn much about the dwarves? They kidnapped you and their idiotic king injured you, infront of your father no less" he asked. "He was my friend. He wasn't in his right mind and they didn't take me. I went willingly. 60 bloody years and people are still spreading that horrible rumour" I muttered the last part to myself. "Let me guess the orc who you ran off with isn't horrible either ?" He asked. I felt my whole body tense up and I touched my scared eye lightly. "Dôl gîn lost.. This conversation is done Beinion. I will see you in the shire. You can find our own way there for being so rude.." I tell him as I whip my horses rains and make him gallop and I bury my face in his mane to hide my tears.

He knew where the shire was. We'd gone so many times together alone that he no longer needed my guidance. I could even sleep without worry. I regained my composure as I felt him stop. I got off him and opened the small gate that led into the village and I held his rains to guide him around. It was just turning dark. Mothers were calling their children in, who waved happily at me saying "hi princess ash!" And making me chuckle. I got a few gestures of Hello from the neighbours and a group of young and old hobbits asked if I would go to get some ale with them. I politely declined and they smiled like they didn't mind and left.

Finally I got to the house of my friend. Mr. Bilbo baggins. I tied my horse up to the fence, And made sure there were no tears on my face. I gently knocked on the door and waited. I heard grumbles from behind it making me laugh at the memories of the first time I came. "Who ever this is if this is another party thing I swear I'll-!" He began as he opened the door till we met eyes and I crouched. "Ash!" He said happily as he opened his arms. I chuckled and hugged him. "Happy birthday mr. Baggins. You got my present didn't you?" I asked him. He nodded. "Yes. Those gorgeous elvish sweets! They're all bloody gone now but they were good while they lasted !" He said with a smile and a hearty chuckle. "So. This is a hobbit" a voice said behind me. I sighed, Beinion.. "Bilbo this is Beinion. He's a captain of the mirkwood guard and father wanted him to accompany me. Is that alright? Do we have enough room?" I asked. "Of course! Of course ! You can both have your own! No problem at all. Come! Come!" He told us as he guided us into the house and we kept our heads low, I pulled my bag behind me.

"Your room, as usual ash. Frodo will be back soon! He'll be delighted to see you" Bilbo told me. "And tell him I'll be delighted to see him as well" I replied. "And beinion isn't it? You'll be staying across the hall" Bilbo said pointing to the spare bed across the hall from me. "I would much rather stay with my betrothed." Beinion said. I froze and looked at him in confusion. What was he talking about? Bilbo must have seen my confusion because he said "I'm sorry Beinion but you don't know ash as well as I do. She has night terrors. Needs the whole bed so she can be comfortable and not worry about falling" giving me a wink so I'd play along and then pretending he needed to run his eye.

"Yes. Thank you Bilbo. That's why I need my room to myself. Always." I replied. Beinion said nothing and angrily went into his room. I sighed in relief as Bilbo held back a laugh. "Off you pop. Get comfy and then we'll have dinner" my host told me as he then went off and out with his pipe.

~~~~~~~~~~
Your head is empty
Dôl gîn lost

Father
Ada

Ash
Lithônion
~~~~~~~~~~~

I am so so so sorry this is a day late ! I was writing wall watching the Eurovision and I fell asleep. But at least I got it out even though most of you are probably asleep still. Enjoy

Lil nightfury