The forming of a fellowship

Legolas's pov

I stride around rivendale with my sister as we both tried to fill eachother in with 60 years of missed news, it being around the 3 or fourth day of my arrival and we still hadn't finished. I described to her my adventures with Aragon and she went on and on about the small hobbit I remember her fighting with 60 years ago and how he threw amazing parties. But I noticed her voice didn't sound as joyful when I asked her "how is home ?".

"Fine.. father is more worried then usual. Our borders have been blocked and I've managed to convince my connections in erabor to help us craft better armour as a favour to me. I'm being married off to a prick of a captain... I'd rather lose an arm honestly" she told me.

I chuckled a bit. "And which Captain is that?" I asked her. "Beinion" she replied. I scoffed almost as a reflex. "Him? He couldn't shoot a spider if it was staring him in the face. I'd rather you marry a dwarf" I told her as we walked towards the gate. "And what would be wrong with me marrying a dwarf, brother?" She asked me with a death glare. I sighed. "It was an example Lithônion. No need to be annoyed about it" I replied calmly. "Good. I can marry who ever I please. Keep up that attitude and I will marry a dwarf" she threatened me. "Don't even think about it" I told her.

"Lithônion! Legolas! Mellons!" I heard a familiar voice yell. I saw Aragon and I smiled at him. "Aragon! I wondered when you'd return" I said to my dear friend as we hugged eachother. "Aragon? Is that you? I remember you when you hadn't even learnt speach yet. Look at you! I barely recognise you" ash said as I saw her come up and embrace him. "And you haven't aged a day my lady. Why may I ask are you in rivendale ? Aren't you supposed to be in Mirkwood with your father ? I've heard tales of festivals for the anniversary of the reclaiming of erabor are underway" he told her. I couldn't help but frown at the memory of that war. "They can handle without me this year. Besides I'm here with a friend who is too old to attend. Where have you been? Are you the 'stryder' that my dear brother disappeared off with for a few years?" She queried.

"Yes he is.. May we drop the subject ?" I asked. Ash sighed and agreed. "Yes yes of course.. how long have you been here ?" Aragon asked my sister. She didn't seem to quiet know herself. But she gave him the same reason as she gave me, to help her friend settle in. "Ah. Well I myself have only been here 2. With a few hobbits of my own. One was injured but he had recovered smoothly" he explained. Before ash could ask the names a guard called out for Aragon and he had to leave.

I turned, only to see my sister rush off to another set of hobbits and embrace them all, teasing the two smallest ones about something I didn't care to understand. As she pulled on their ears they gave out and apologised profusely for something before she dropped them. "Brother ! This is the nephew of my friend Bilbo, frodo, here is his friend Sam and his younger cousin's merry and pippen" she explained to me. I just nodded and smiled politely. "So that's your brother? Jeany... he's a tall lad ain't he ?" The one I think was called pippen said. Merry agreed with him and I got an immediate flash back of the blonde and dark haired dwarves I'd met when we found ash again. I shook the thought from my head and excused myself.

Ash's POV

I could practically feel myself frown as I watched Legolas leave. I sighed and apologised , "he isn't the best at socialising" I explained. Merry shrugged. "He'll warm up in no time, ain't that right pippen?" He asked. "Aye. Trust me, a bit of ale and a smoke or two of a pipe and he'll be friendlier then Gandalf in a good mood!" Pippen exclaimed happily. I smiled slightly and ruffled both of their hair, earning a polite smile from them and a roll of the eyes from Sam.

I remembered them all from when they were so small that they thought I was a giant. They were still small but I always wondered if they had gotten the mischievous streak from Bilbo's stories. I shook my head, dismissing my own thoughts and told them "get some rest Alright? Elrond has something planned for the morning. Knowing him it'll involve a feast and ale" I told them, though I knew the feast and ale part wouldn't put much interest into the hearts of Sam and frodo but it sent merry and pippen running off to whatever room they'd been given to try and sleep the night away and get closer to an elvish feast. I chuckled, said goodnight to frodo and Sam and watches them leave, frodo rubbing his side slightly. Has he been injured?.. why didn't he mention it?..

I pushed the thought from my mind and went to say goodnight to Bilbo, as I knocked on his door and heard his kind tired voice welcoming me I saw him looking out at the slowly darkening sky and humming an all to familiar toon that practically brought me back to his living room, surrounded by dwarves as they all hummed and thorin sang. "Still haven't forgotten that have you?" I asked him. He stopped and chuckled. "No of course not. I'd do it all again if I weren't so old" he complained. I went up beside him and said jokingly "Bilbo bagging how dare you! You don't look a day over 51" I told him. He rolls his eyes and mumbled "very funny" before continuing to look at the stars. I wandered over to his desk and flipped open the large leather book.

He hadn't written the last page but it was details about all our adventures. All the letters we'd sent back and forth over the years were tied together with string and shoved into the front. I smiled as I gently flicked through it and gladly welcomed the memories. "This is your gift to frodo right?" I asked. "Yes. He always asks for the story and I never have enough trike to tell him all the details. How is your father by the way? We never met officially but he was terrifying when I saw him" he asked in reply. I held back a snicker and said "he's fine. Just stubborn about his reign coming to an end and hoping my brother will return for the throne. Or I'll get married.. so let's hope the first option happens sooner rather then later. I can't stand the idea of being married to him" I moan to him.

I could practically feel Bilbo roll his eyes even though he wasn't looking at me. "Refuse then. Can't be too hard, I've seen you do harder things. Or just court a dwarf. That might get it through his thick skull that your not interested. Maybe you'll even enjoy it" he said jokingly. "Dear Bilbo... I'm twice their age. And their height. It would be the most akward thing I've ever experienced. I'd prefer fight another war" I reply. He shakes his head and turned to me "we've both gotten stubborn with old age haven't we. The only difference is I feel like I've shrunk more and my hair had gone gray.." Bilbo said almost sadly. He rubbed his finger, almost like he was missing something.

I put a hand on his shoulder. "That's a good thing my friend. Get some rest. Frodo will want a guided tour in the morning from you" I say to him before embracing him tightly and going to leave. "Oh and Bilbo? I suggest getting up early. The food will be gone within minutes of merry and pippen being near it" I tell him. He chuckled deeply and waved his hand at me to leave before I made him keel over.