A surprising guest

3rd person Pov

The Fellowship all stood in polite silence infront of the elvish lady and lord of Lothlorien, awaiting their apparent gifts Galadriel had insisted upon giving them.

To Legolas she gifted a bow worthy of his skill, to Merry & Pippin she gifted experienced daggers that were no strangers to bloodshed, to dear Sam she gifted elven rope that would soon come in use, for gimli (though Galadriel did not know what to gift a dwarf) he made a simply request of 1 strand and of her gorgeous long hair, to Aragon she gave nothing as nothing could outshine the gift of Arwen's love, to Frodo she gifted the light of Earendil to guide him when his world was dark and finally to ash she gifted her something rather vague.

She strode up to the girl, smiling at how relaxed she looked. Her hair shon like gold and her clothes were clean and free of holes and blood stains. Galadriel gently touched the necklace that hung lightly around the young elf's neck and smiled at it. "She'd be very proud of you little elf. And I'm afraid I cannot give a gift that will be as great as that, but I can gift you something else" she began softly. Ash's eyebrows furrowed as she looked up at the elvish lady. "And what would that be Hiril vuin?" Ash asked politely, Galadriel simply smiled and kissed her forehead. "You'll find out when you have the time to rest again" she says softly.

As the fellowship all slowly loaded into the small elven boats in silence each of them thought about their gifts. Ash starred off at the trees as she road, absentmindedly mimicking Boromir's strokes in front of her as she thought about what her gift could have been. She would have refused one but she didn't want to disrespect Galadriel when she didn't know if she'd see her again.

They sailed down the river do what felt like hours, Aragorn nervously watching a flock of black birds that was circling over head.
sky. Aragorn watches them with concern. The sun fell and rose, as dawn peaked over the horizon they passed to great statues of past kings of man, they were taller then mountains and seemed to watch those who sailed past.

Ash's POV

I couldn't help but grin at the sight of the statues, especially since Frodo was starting at like a curious child. I would have asked boromir to slow down but he seemed determined to get past them as soon as possible, not even letting me hear Aragon talking about his kin. I frowned and helped him row, getting as much of a detailed look that I could when I stared at the statues.

Finally we land near a wooded shore and get out. I stretch my legs and help the hobbits out of the boat, getting Merry and Pippin on shore before they lose their daggers in the water. I stare out on to a lake and watch Frodo attempt to skip a stone over the surface.

"We cross the lake at nightfall, hide the boats and continue on foot..we approach Mordor from the North." Aragorn orders simply, my joy increases at the look of dismay on gimli's face. "Oh, yes, just a simple matter of finding our way through Emyn Muil, an impassable labyrinth of razor sharp rocks. And after that gets even better...a festering, stinking marshland, far as the eye can see." He complained as he sat on the ground grumpily and stared at his axe. "That is our Road...I suggest you take some rest and recover your strength, Master Dwarf." Aragon states politely, gimli mumbling complaints he didn't dare say outloud.

I pat his head just to annoy him and go to check on the hobbits to see them, well just Merry and pippin really, gathering fire wood. "Where's Frodo?" Merry asks curiously as he glances around. I turn to see no sign of the little brown haired hobbit, and from my experience that was never a good thing. Boromir seemed to have disappeared aswell, so I hoped they were together. Though I didn't trust him that much at the moment, anything was better then Frodo wandering alone, especially with that ring.