The journey to rivendale

No one's pov

The two old friends quietly chatted to eachother as they rode to rivendale, Bilbo asking about the dwarves and as confused as ash was when they hadn't heard anything from balin. She told him about the flowers finally returning to Mirkwood and how they were so vibrant and new not even her father knew the name of them, nor did Radagast.

She went on and on, not boring Bilbo for a second and making him laugh as she described the guards drunken antics when they think no one is watching, but received an angry growl from Beinion.

The young elf suddenly stopped her horse and sighed deeply, looking at the man she was supposed to marry. "Daro Beinion. If you don't like me revealing your idiotic choices then maybe you shouldn't do them and actually should protect our lands !" She snapped at him, making Bilbo flinch. The elvish guard stopped and turns his horse sharply to face Ash. "Dôl gîn lost Lithônion. Ever since you've been near that hobbit you've acted out of line and have been very cruel to me" he said. "Cruel? You broke my boundaries, wouldn't let me interact with harmless children and insult the people who are basically my family and spit on the one's who have passed's graves !" She screamed at him, putting a defensive arm across Bilbo.

"They're dwarves and hobbits ! Halfbreed scum who don't deserve to be near an elf or even breath in the direction of elvish royalty!" Beinion snapped back. "Eca, a mitta lambetya cendelessë orcova.." ash muttered under her breath as she muttered an apology to Bilbo and tried to make her horse begin to walk again. Only for Beinion to tightly grip her arm. "I don't need to. My wife has already done that" he told her with a glare. "That would be the same if you ever kisses me and if I ever wanted to be married to you of all people.. now Ani lerya..." ash ordered. But Beinion ignores her.

Bilbo glares at the elf holding ash and beat his hand off her with his walking stick. "For someone who's supposed to be marrying her your not showing yourself to be good material for a husband. Don't touch her again or I will make sure that had isn't attached anymore. Understand ?" Bilbo told him sternly. Beinion scoffed and galloped off. Bilbo sighed and composed himself and looked up to his friend as she rubbed her arm slowly and looked on at nothing. "I'll die before I have to marry him.." she mumbled. "We'll sort it out dear. Don't thing about it" Bilbo told her as he gently patted her hand.

She smiled and wrapped her arms around the old hobbit, embracing him and telling him "thank you Bilbo.. your better then I deserve for a friend..". The old hobbit chuckled and patted her arm. "Nonsense ! Now come on, let's get to rivendale before breakfast" Bilbo said. Ash shook her head as she glanced at the slowly rising sun and rubbed her sleepless eyes before continuing the journey to rivendale.

Elrond's pov

I stride out to where ash had told me she'd meet us. I saw one horse come but on it was her betrothed. Beinion shoves his horse's rains into a servants hands and storms off.

I can't help but roll my eyes at temper as he stormed past my guards, who gave him a simple glance and ignored him when he was no longer a threat. Then finally ash's horse rode onto our lands. She hopped off it and then lifted down Bilbo, who I greeted with open arms and a smile, guiding him to the servants to show him his room and where he could get some food, which he thanked me gratefully for.

When he did I noticed ash hadn't really moved from her horse, but she she wasn't fixing his saddle or anything. She just stood there. "Henig... are you alright?.." I asked her as I went over. She glanced at me and forced a smile, hesitantly replying "Nácë... don't worry about me Hîr vuin Elrond..". She then glanced away and muttered "excuse me.." as she tried to leave but I simply put my arm out to stop her and she froze. "An ngell nîn..." I began, as I gently tilted her head up by her chin to see her face filled with worry, "Tell me what troubles you".

She took a deep shaky breath as I saw tears almost stream down her cheeks. "Please... please don't let me marry that bastard..." she begged as she clung to the arm I held her face gently with. "He's rude.. he's crude.. he disrespects my friend, living or dead and acts like he's the only one that can love me for what I am..." she sobbed. I cup her cheek with my hand and brush her tears away with my thumb. "We talked about this henig. You are nothing like that. I won't even let you speak those words. And your parents would cry at the sound of someone even calling you that. I'll do my best. While you stay here as my guest you two will have at least contact as possible. Will that ease your pain?" I queried.

She nodded slowly and leaned against my hand. "When will I stop being a child who needs help uncle?.." she asked in a begging tone. "You stopped being a child the day you left for erabor Lithônion. Asking for help in trying times is nothing to be ashamed off. Please breath" I told her. She nodded and took slow deep breaths and as she relaxed I slowly pulled my hand away. She had definitely grown. From the small baby I remember seeing for the first time, being carried around by her mother while Legolas clung to the leg of her dress to a grown elf with scars to prove how much she'd changed.

"Now come along, I have a surprise for you" I told her as I extended my hand to her. She smiled and took it, and I guided her up the stairs and into my kingdom.

Ash's POV

I followed elrond through the halls of rivendale, still feeling like a child for breaking down over tears about being married. He led me to a garden area I remembered panting in as a child and swinging down from the trees to scare Ada as Legolas hung to my legs. A weird sadness filled my chest when I thought of him. Was he dead ? Would I ever see his face again?.. even hear him?..

"It's a lovely garden but why have you taken me here Hîr vuin?" I queried as he smiled kindly at me, letting go of my hand. Till I heard a familiar voice ask "Lithônion?...". My head snapped in the direction of the voice only to see my brother standing in an arch looking very confused. I didn't even get a chance to scream his name as my body took on a mind of its own and I bolted towards my brother, tackle hugging him to the ground and refusing to let go and I cried happily into the crook of his neck.

I heard him chuckle and hug me back just as tight. Almost as if we could read each others minds we both said "I missed you hanar/seler... Gi melin"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well that was a crap ton of elvish. Let's see if I get them all down

Stop!
Daro!

Go French-kiss an orc
Eca, a mitta lambetya cendelessë orcova

Your head is empty
Dôl gîn lost

Please
An ngell nîn

Release me
Ani lerya

Yes...
Nácë

I love you
Gi melin

My child
Henig

My lord
Hîr vuin

Father
Ada

Brother
Hanar

Sister
Seler
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you guys enjoyed this elvish filled no cannon lotr moment chapter. I love writing these 😊 anywho hope you like it. If I missed any elvish please tell me and I'll add it to the list

Lil'nightfury