Fly you fools

No one's pov

The fellowship fell silent. A low rolling boom rises from the depths below, growing louder, each thus making their hearts quiver inside their chests, as if the caverns of Moria were turned into a vast drum. A great horn blasts
nearby, Answering horns, running feet, harsh cries. All were too familiar to the war hardened members of the company.

Sam's eyes glance at Frodo's belt, worry almost overtaking his mind as he yelled "Mr. Frodo!". Frodo looked down at the cold blue light emitting from his sword. He pulled it out and stared at it to be sure, snapping out of his daze when Legolas yells "Orcs !". Gandalf's body tenses and he instinctively glanced at ash. But she wasn't afraid, her eyes seemed blinded by rage and a deep hatred he had never seen sit upon the heart of an elf.

"Get back! Stay close to Gandalf." Aragon ordered the hobbits as he a Boromir slam the doors of the tomb shut. Boromir goes pale just as the doors shut. "They have a cave troll!" He blurted out. Gimli snatches up two rusty dwarf axes and leaps onto the tomb. "Let them come! There is one Dwarf yet in Moria who still draws breath!" He yelled as the doors burst open and the goblins instinctively lunged at the last breathing dwarf in Moria. Ash almost gagged at the sight of them, remembering the putrid goblin king and the rotting smell surrounding him.

gimli ducks a blow and immediately buries his Axes in 2 Goblin helmets. Aragorn and Boromir wade into the mass of Goblins with their swords. Legolas fires deadly arrows into
Goblin throats, desperately trying to Shield the Hobbits. Gandalf is clutching his sword and joins in the battle. The cave troll sweeps his club at Aragorn, who stumbles backwards.

Ash rushes to protect him as the the huge club descends for the killing blow. But suddenly, in a flash of steel, Boromir's long sword
slices into the Scaly arm of the troll. Ash gives him a half smile as thanks as the three run head first back into battle. Ash spits Sam, who in an act of desperation is against a wall with a sword in one hand and a saucepan in the other.

As he bats away goblins and ash stabs one in the back he has just hit he confidently states "I think I'm getting the hang of this!". Not wanting to ruin the first bit of confidence she'd seen this hobbit have ash said nothing. As she pulls him away from the wall the two watch in stunned horror as Frodo is stabbed with a spear and thrown against a wall. Ash feels her heart stop. The fellowship slaughters practically everything in their path to get to the hobbit before it's too late.

By the time Aragon gets to him he seems dead. Gimli begins to lower his head in mourning while ash covers her mouth to hide the oncoming tears and sobs. But they are all caught off guard when Frodo suddenly coughed and took a huge breath, bursting back to life. "He's alive!" Sam yelled with joy as Frodo assured them that he was alright. "You should be dead. That spear would've skewered a wild boar!" Aragon commented. "I think there's more to this hobbit than meets the eye." Gandalf comments as Frodo open his shirt to reveal the Mithril Vest. Ash sighs in relief and then proceeds to playfully slap Gandalf's arm.

"Was that really necessary? I almost had a heart attack old friend" she stated as she laughed a bit. "Gellon ned i galar i chent gîn ned i gladhog" Gandalf commented, making ash snort with laughter as she gripped the sleeve of his cloak for support and mumbled "Á pusta!". Suddenly the joyful moment was broken by the thudding again. Boom. Boom. Boom.

Gandalf regained his composure and ordered "To the bridge of Khazad-dum!" And everyone obeyed and ran after him, going faster then they could considering they hadn't slept in days. They could hear the goblins distantly scuttling like cockroaches in the dark but they didn't stop. They ran till their exit was in sight. They were so close. Just as the imposing goblin army looks like they are about to devour the fellowship, a great roar erupts from deep in the mines, an eary shadow being cast and the goblins melting in fear, back to the darkness.

"What is this new devilry?" Boromir questioned, as a huge shadow, surrounded by flame, falls across the hall..the ground shakes...an unearthly sound rumbles... "A Balrog..a demon of the ancient world! This foe is beyond any of you! Run! Quickly!" Gandalf yells urgently as he seems genuinely panicked.

They continue to rush to get to their cross way, the hellish beast reveal itself as it searches for the new sent. The Balrog, a massive creature rises from a chasm, a great 40 foot man-beast, with a mane of flames! In one hand is a blade...like a stabbing tongue of fire; in the other, a whip of many thongs. Aragorn leads the fellowship to the top of a dizzying stairway...Gandalf follows, leaning heavily on his staff. Ash and Aragorn look at Gandalf, concern lacing their thoughts.

"Lead them on, Aragorn. The bridge is near." Gandalf ordered. Aragon hesitates, but Gandalf bluntly states "Do as I say; swords are no more use here.". He obeys and the fellowship continue to rush down the stairs. Aragon picks up Frodo and leaps over a gaping cask with him, knowing the hobbits legs wouldn't have carried him. Aragon goes to throw funky but he is stubborn and refuses. As he continued to complain the demon burst through the wall and its firery wings spread.

It's swoops down past the fellowship and into a out of flames. Ash helps the others cross, practically carrying Gandalf down the rest of the stairs to save his energy, only putting him down when he insisted he was fine. The fellowship continue to run, the floor splitting into furry cracks beneath them, the hobbits help in terror as their thick soled feet burned against the scorching floor.

"Over the bridge! Fly!" Gandalf ordered, the fellowship having no idea to think what he meant by 'fly' as they ran over the treacherous bridge. As they get to the other side they look back to see Gandalf standing in the center, facing the balrog. "No.." ash muttered. Frodo looked horrified.

"You cannot pass!" Gandalf gelled. Frodo alarmingly screamed the wizards name while ash desperately yelled "Á pusta!" In a tone that made Legolas's skin crawl.

Ash's POV

Frodo and I continued to beg and scream at Gandalf as he faced the monsterous beast. We're so close! He can't just face something that huge by himself! Not even an army could. The demon swung its blade at my frail friend and shattered against his staff, but that wasn't enough to convince me. I went to run and grab him, but Boromir tightly grabbed my wrist and shook his head.

The monster stepped closer to my friend. I saw that look in his eyes. I know what he'd do. I screamed at him but my screams were drowned out by the beast roars. Gandalf thumps the bridge with his staff. a blinding sheet of white flame springs up, the staff shatters, the bridge breaks... right at Balrog's feet. For a moment, the great Beast remains poised in the air...then it plunges down.

Relief filled all our chests as Gandalf seemed fine. Trembling but fine. Boromir released me as we all went to step forward and help our dear friend. But as we do something wraps around Gandalf's knees and drag him over the bring, the poor wizard only being able to hold on by his fingertips. Giving us a pleading, but not the one I wanted him to. "Gandalf!" Frodo screamed, but I wrap my arms around the hobbit, keeping him close to me so he won't move as I feel rivers of tears stream down my cheeks.

"Fly, you fools!" Gandalf gives us one last order before he lets go and disappears into the dark. An empty feeling started in my heart and took over my whole body. It was the same feeling I had when my mother and thorin died. I was empty.. Boromir scooped up Frodo from my arms and my brother guide me out by my hand, I couldn't move my body. I was trapped in my own head. We all stumbled out to the freedom of the sun kissed grassy hills of  the great eastern gate.. Sam, Merry, and Pippin fall slowly to the ground, Sobbing...

Legolas let's go of me as I fall to my knees and grip the grass as every emotion I'm capable of feeling flood into me at once, and the only way I can express myself is by screaming. And that is what I did, like a child, as I gripped the grass and let my tears run like rivers off my face.

~~~

I love to see your eyes shine when you laugh
Gellon ned i galar i chent gîn ned i gladhog

Stop!
Á pusta!

~~~

Hello everyone ! So sorry for the month + late update but I hope you enjoy this chapter

Lil nightfury