SHORT TIME HAPPINESS...

"Just get out from my sight. I don't even want to see your face.", Vanya yelled at Snigdha.

"Listen to my words once.", Snigdha pleaded Vanya.

"All I am is sadness, every other emotion pushed from my being. Where there was the love, the light, the laughter is an aching hollowness. I was honest, truthful and full of more love for you than you can ever understand. Now either you will stay here or I."

"Its okay. I'm leaving.", Snigdha said and left the room.

Vanya was left crying loudly in the bed. She almost opened her oxygen mask with the tears rolling down her cheeks. The sorrow grew more profound each second. On the contray, Snigdha was also in a depressing state after seeing Vanya and her behaviour towards her. She leaned towards the wall and sat on the floor. Shivam and Aarav rushed to her to give her a comfort.

"Shivam, please go to Vanya and talk to her once.", Snigdha requested.

According to Snigdha's words, Shivam went to Vanya's room. She opened the door and was numbed with shock to see her in a depressing state. He went to the other side of the bed when his eyes moved on the upper portion of her hair which was visible on the top of the bed. Vanya looked at him as he placed his hand on her head. She got up by taking Shivam's support who then made her sit on the bed followed by comforting her through his words.

"Why didn't you stop Snigdha from doing this? Why did you support her decision?", Vanya questioned Shivam.

"Vanya, try to understand. There was no other option left. I had to agree with it because I knew that it would be good for everyone."

"Shivam, Snigdha was not in her senses but you are sensible enough to realize that killing someone can never give any happiness. Killing only leads to death and destruction. Then how can it be good for everyone?"

"Our pain for our unborn baby can be eliminated and replaced by another baby in future. Its possible to have another child but if we loose you, neither it can be replaced by someone else nor we can get you back.", Shivam added, "You are blaming yourself for our child's death. Just think once, what would you do if you were in Snigdha's place? Won't you also take the same decision that Snigdha took today? Vanya, I know you are very concerned about Snigdha but trust me, she'll be more happy to see a smile on your face. Please forgive her. Just keep yourself in Snigdha's place once and think about your decision at that moment."

Shivam left the room with teary eyes after saying this.

Vanya was feeling restless. She was sitting on the bed. Shivam's words was roaming inside her mind. She thought and thought and ultimately made up her mind.

She moved out of her cabin and went near Snigdha and the former apologized to Snigdha for her rude behaviour. Both hugged each other and Vanya continued, "Shivam made me realize your sincerity and how essential it was for you to abort your child to protect me. I realized my mistake now."

Aarav and Shivam hugged their respective wives just when the doctor interrupted that Vanya would be released the next day after a few formalities. But will this happiness stay forever or a new problem would again hunt their lives? What will be its consequences?