Saved

I see Roman standing there, regret and concern and sadness in his eyes. He rushes over to me and squeezes me tightly, rubbing his fingers through my hair. "Shhh," he says in a calming tone. "It's okay. Everything's alright. I'm back from my mission. Okay? I'm back. I had to go save a damsel in distress and I got into it quickly so I didn't have time to tell you and the others. That's why I've been gone and...ignoring you. I was on a mission. It's okay now. I'm here with you. I'm sorry for leaving,but I had to. I had to put my mission first. It's my duty as a prince. I told Patton and Logan. They understood. It's okay now, Virgil. Everything is okay."

It's not okay. I am not okay. He just fucking said that he puts his job- his royalty- before me. That he loves those things more than me. Oh my, I think I'm going to cry...

I look up at Roman as a few tears slip down my cheek and ask in my monotone voice, "So it's more important to you to save people who you don't know than it is to save your own boyfriend?" Yup. I said it. And I don't regret it.

Roman's mouth gapes open. He must be at loss with words. "Wha-what...?"

I clear my throat and say again, "So it's more important to you to save people who you don't know that it is to save your own boyfriend?" I am fuming with anger and drowning in sadness inside, but I must not let it show.

He shakes his head. "N-no! You mean the world to me!"

I narrow my eyes at him. "Then why did you say that you had to leave me because your mission came first?"

He stares at me in shock. "Virgil...where is all of this hate coming from?"

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS RIGHT NOW?! I hate him so goddamn much. I hate him so fucking much right now. Oh my fucking God.

I sneer. "I don't appreciate it when someone ignores me and just disappears and doesn't give me an explanation to why they did it." Roman opens his mouth to say something, but I interrupt him. "Did you honestly think that I wouldn't have freaked out, overthought everything, and do this?" I point to the cut on my neck.

I see him become nervous and he starts to stumble upon his words. "Well...uhm-"

"No, you didn't. That didn't even cross your mind, did it?"

He stays silent for a while until he says, "Look, I'm sorry-"

"I'm the embodiment of ANXIETY! Anxiety for crying out loud! I overthink everything! I freak out about everything! I thought I did something to piss you off or that you wanted to breakup with me! So I went emotionless for three days! THREE WHOLE DAYS! Do you know how that felt? To feel so empty and numb? No, you don't!" He flinches as I yell the last sentence. "And I freaked out all because saving someone you don't even know is more important than saving me!" I start to breath hard and I clench my fists, pushing Roman away from me. I point towards the door. "Get out."

He gives me a dumbfounded look. "What?"

"Did you hear me? I SAID GET OUT!"

Roman reaches his hand out towards me. "Baby, calm down..."

"No! I will not calm down! Not until you tell me why saving a stranger is more important than saving your boyfriend?! The night before you left, I cut myself and you found me and helped me. Then Thomas was very anxious the next morning so I sucked in all of his anxiety and I had panic attacks ALL DAY LONG and you knew about it but you were nowhere to be found." I start to shake more as my anger bursts out of me. "And now I find out that you left me to suffer all by myself to go save some girl you don't even know! If you love your job so much, why don't you just go live at your kingdom all of the time? Then you never have to come back here and be reminded that the world doesn't revolve around you and that you're just a copy of someone else! That you're not anything special! That you're just an arrogant person who's like any other person in this world but just happens to be a prince of some made up kingdom! That's right. You're a fake Prince..because...because..." I'm now heaving with anger. "BECAUSE A REAL PRINCE WOULDN'T HAVE LEFT HIS BOYFRIEND WHEN HE NEEDED HIM MOST!" I think he's mad at me now. Good. I don't care. Fucking deserves it.

I look up into Princey's eyes to see an anger, a bright growing anger. Then his next words just shatter my heart.

"At least I don't cut myself and starve myself to die. Just kill yourself and get it over with. I don't care if you die...because I don't want to have to look at someone who's so ugly and fat and disgusting and so stupid. That's what you are, Virgil. A pathetic, stupid, disgusting, idiot." And with that, he gets up and leaves.