WTF

Virgil's POV:

I head downstairs and get everything I need to make an omelette...but there's no knives. I sigh. What the hell happened to them? I go into the cabinet and search to find nothing. Well, I was just going to pretend to eat the omelette and throw it away when everyone left, so I guess it doesn't matter.

"Hey babe."

I turn around to see Roman. I smile. "Hi."

He walks over to me and gives me a hug. "Did you make your omelette yet?"

I shake my head. "No. There's no knives."

Roman's eyes dim down and he stares at the floor and says, "I know."

I raise my eyebrow at him. "Well...what happened to the knives?"

"I-I-I-" He inhales sharply and takes a step away from me. In an almost incoherently voice, "Please don't be mad at me."

I take a step towards him and he takes a step back. "Roman." I frown. "What's wrong?"

"I-I-I-" He sighs again. "I went into all the rooms with that trash bag and took all of the sharp objects and threw them away so you can't cut yourself and I was only in your room so I could take all of your knives and blades and I did so now you can't cut because you have nothing to cut with and I know that you're mad but please don't be. I was just trying to protect you."

I start to feel myself shake with anxiety and anger. "You did WHAT?!"

Roman takes a step back again. "Virgil, honey, calm down."

"CALM DOWN?!" I grab onto my hair and pull at it, feeling my anxiety rising. I start pacing while I say in anger and worry, "When I don't cut, I have major panic attacks, so that means Thomas will become more anxious. And if Thomas is more anxious, that means the rest of us will be more anxious. That's not a good thing! I need those knives, I need those blades, to make sure that everyone is okay!"

"But that means you won't be okay!"

I shake my head and walk over to the trash can, throwing off the lid and untying the bag. "It doesn't matter."

Roman comes up from behind me and puts his hand on my shoulder. "Yes it does."

I look inside the bag to see no blades or anything sharp. He must've already put it outside. I shake my head again and head outside. "No it doesn't."

"Baby..."

I spin around and yell, "What?!", with my hands clenched into fists.

"You need help. I'm just trying to help you!"

I stare down at the ground and spins back around to face the trash bin. "I don't need help. I'm fine." Then I walk over to the trash bin, open up the lid, and start to untie the trash bag.

Roman grabs my shoulder and spins me around and kisses me. Then he pulls me back, gripping on to my shoulder, staring into my eyes. I look away because I hate eye contact. "Virgil. Look at me."

I shake my head. "N-n-no."

"Virgil."

I look up at him. "Yeah?"

"I'm just trying to protect you. Cutting yourself isn't good. You need to stop doing it, and I know have those sharp objects around won't help. I'm just trying to help you. Will you let me help you?"

Should I let him help me? I just...I don't know...I'll feel a lot more anxiety and so will everyone else and I don't want my problems to affect Thomas. Then I would feel bad. As Spock once said, 'The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.' I am few and the other sides and Thomas are many. So that means their needs outweigh mine.

I look up at Roman and say, "My cutting helps others not be so anxious, so I shall reject your help and keep on cutting myself." Then I turn around and open up the trash bag to see all of the sharp objects. I pick it up and swing it over my shoulder.

"Virgil, baby..."

"Roman, I have to do this." And I keep on walking.