Picking And Choosing Is A Part Of Life

Welp. The internet and my brain have failed me. Sorry for the update for those who are getting annoyed at me. Working on a new chapter right now!

"Uhhh..." Cory groaned, getting up. Only then did she realize that she had no legs, and was floating. She tried to look around for anything that was attached to her, but ended up just making herself dizzy.

Suddenly, she heard Viola getting up, and went over to her, but where she thought Viola was, there was only a Yoshi.

"Weird.." Cory said, but then heard Viola scream. She looked up and saw the Yoshi cower in fear, then try to run.

"Wait a minute.. Viola! Come here!" Cory yelled.

"Why should I listen to a ghost?!" Viola yelled back, confirming Cory's suspicions.

"Because it's me! Cory! I know what happened!" Cory yelled, and she saw the Yoshi get up and walk over to her.

"What do you mean?" Viola asked, her voice still wavering a bit.

"I mean that the stupid voice made us into the characters that we picked. You're a Yoshi, and I must be a Boo." Cory explained. It actually made a lot of sense. It would at least explain why she couldn't see any part of her self. The Boo's were literally shaped as balls, with only fin-like arms and little tails.

"Oh.." Viola whispered, suddenly looking around. "Where even are we?"

"Good question," Cory said, looking around, also. The place looked familiar, and Cory finally figured out where they were. I guess playing this game so many times had its benefits.

"We're in the game-picking screen." Cory answered.

"That's the Extras Zone," she said, nodding towards a blue and white, disk shaped tent.

"That's the Fun Bazaar," Cory said, nodding over to a series of three tall, square shaped buildings that had green and white stripes along the sides with a white too.

"That's the Party Tent," she said, nodding towards the cone-shaped tent that was white, with red triangles. "That's where we played games yesterday."

"That's the Minigame Tent"  she said, nodding towards a series of three to five, tall, purple and white tents.

"And finally, that's the Star Battle Arena," Cory sounded out of breath, now nodding towards a red and white, flower-shaped tent. "That's the one that I said was just single player."

"Huh. Why do yo..?" Viola started to ask before being cut off by the voice.

"Welcome, one-an'-all tooo Mario Party 8! I hope y'all have a good time, 'cause I know I will!" the voice shouted, then laughed maniacally afterwards. "Now! Pick a place, and we'll get started! But pick something, and you don't win? Well. Hm. We'll just say you won't have a good time!"

"Oh, wonderful. Just great." Cory said, rolling her eyes.

"Well I guess that answers my question, then. What do you think we should choose, Cory?"

"Definitely not the Minigame Tent. We have no idea what he's gonna choose from there. Not the Extras Tent. It's not really games, and he might pick for us.. I don't remember the Fun Bazaar much, so it would probably be a bad idea for us to do that one..." Cory said, trailing off at the end. There wasn't much there that wouldn't give results that you weren't to found of....

"So we've either got the Star Battle Arena, or the Party Tent. Just Great." Viola said.

"What are the rules for those, Mr. Voice? Neither sounds good, but not picking would probably be worse." Cory asked the voice.

"Well, I'm glad you asked!" the voice boomed throughout the space, hurting Cory's ears.

"The Star Battle Arena is a one player game. One of you will battle five others, and if you are victorious, you will pick a person to join you on your journey! For the Party Tent, you both go in. If you get first or second, you get to pick a person, but if you are fourth, you die! GOOD LUCK!"

"What do you want?" Cory asked.

"It's your pick." Viola said, playing with her tail a little.

After going over the options, she picked.

"We pick the Party Tent!" she said loudly.

"Good choice!" the voice said, and they both started fading.

Cory hopped she didn't just kill them."

666 words even... I'm evil. (Edit: No longer... Sad.)

I hope you guys liked it, and please point out mistakes or ways to make this story better! Have a good day/night!