Chapter 20: Everybody has Somebody

"When are they going to get here?" John complains, staring at the road. We arrived at the park about 30 minutes ago and now we're waiting for Victoria and Guage to hang out.

"Maybe they were tired of you from last night." I tell him.

He glares at me. "Oh be quiet, I wasn't even that crazy. If anything it was Gauge with his crazy games!"

"My crazy what?" Gauge asks.

Me and John look back to see Gauge and Victoria walking our way.

"You don't remember crazy Twister and 4 player Connect 4?" John asks him. Gauge chuckles, "Oh yeah, probably the most fun I've had in awhile."

"The games were fun in all, but the movie was amazing!" Victoria chimes in. "You mean the one you fell asleep watching?" I call her out. She starts blushing, forgetting that happened. "Maybe if it wasn't 2 in the morning and pitch black in your room I would have stayed awake."

"I'm teasing." I tell her, with John and Gauge laughing.

"Anyway," John says loudly, "why are we here? Victoria called us all here and I want to know why." We all turn to Victoria. She smiles, closing her eyes, and reaches for her back pocket. She pulls out a piece of paper and looks at Gauge. Gauge raises an eyebrow confused and takes a step closer to her. "Yes?" He asks, unsure what's about to happen.

She unfolds the paper and starts reading aloud. "Gauge, I've never written a letter before to tell someone this but you are adorably one of a kind. I noticed when we first became friends and you were shy. So cute." She stops to wink at him, making the edges of his mouth curl up. "And the time we've spent together in Student council has been so much fun, but also kinda draining. But yeah, the point is-"

She stops taking a breath.

"I like you. I think I should have told you sooner, but I didn't know if you felt the same. I wanted ask you on a date right now, to the roller skating rink because I think you're sweet, smart, and someone I want to spend more time with than just a friend." Victoria looks up from the paper smiling. "Wanna go?" She asks.

I heard John take in a breath to speak, but I cover this mouth before he can say anything to ruin the moment for Victoria and Gauge.

Gauge grins. "Of course I wanna go!" He picks her up and spins her in the air.

Victoria laughs as she's spinning over top of us. Gauge sets her down and John rips my hand off his mouth. "Did we have to be here for you to do this? You do know I have a few chapters to read in Government and-"

"Yes, because now we can go on a double date!" Victoria squeals. "I'm down." I say, grabbing John's hand. John looks at me tilting his head. "Matt I have homework to do still."

I pout my lips and blink a thousand times. "But what about your best friends forever. It won't be all day." I say, trying to convince him to come along. He looks at me for a second, then to Victoria and Gauge who were making the same face as me. John sighs, rolls his eyes a few times and finally says, "Fine."

We all cheer, hugging John and lifting him off the bench. "Thanks babe." I kiss him on the cheek.

"Yeah yeah." He smiles.

"So you liked me this whole time?" Gauge asks, changing the conversation.

Victoria chuckles. "Kinda."

"And when did you write this letter?" He asks again. "Last night after I dropped everyone off. I just wrote exactly what I was thinking and I knew I had to tell you. Did you like me?" She asks.

"For a long time." He responds. "Just didn't ever get the courage to ask you out." "Glad I did it then." She says. Then intertwine their hands and smile.

"Are we gonna go roller skating or not?" John bursts in. "John!" I say. "What? I thought we were supposed to be going. It's not like they can't talk in the car." He brings up.

"Yeah let's go." Victoria says, pulling Gauge down the sidewalk. Me and John follow slower. I watch as Gauge starts walking faster, and they end up speed walk racing to their car.

"I don't think I could imagine having better friends." I say to John.

He grabs my hand and kisses it. "We are a special bunch." He answers. We make it to the car and John asks, "Wait, do you know how to roller skate?" "Course I do." I say.

"I don't though." He says. I laugh. "John you seriously need to get out more."

A/N PLEASE READ:
Hey everybody! It's been ... almost a year since I've uploaded anything and I'm sorry. I have noticed all the votes and comments and stuff though. Y'all are pretty great not gonna lie. This is the official end to the story. The reason it wasn't out sooner was because I just never finished it. I hope you liked the ending! I hope you liked the whole story! I don't really plan on uploading stories because I kinda grew out of writing stories, but if I do I'll promise to finish them. Thank you so much for reading. I know Mrs. Popular is a Nerd is my most known, so check it out if you want another teen love story. As always, Enjoy Every Book You Ever Read!