The Birtday Gift

Even thought I said I'm not excited about my birthday, I feel really hyped.
My mom asked me what I would like her to buy me and I jokingly said a ticket to Seoul.
I think I'm gonna get some money from her. And she likes to take me places I've never been. Like I said, hyped!

It was another sunny day today. Perfect for a walk around the parks.
'I wonder if Lisa will visit...'

As I drank my morning tea, I heard the doorbell ring.
'That must be mom. She came early..'

I opened the door not even caring that I'm in my pyjamas. So what if the cute boy next door sees me?

"Y/N!! Happy birthday my dear!" My mom hugged me as soon as she saw me.
She smelled like roses, it must be the perfume I bought for her for mothers day. How sweet.
She finally let go of me and smiled widely.
Her left hand was full of pink and white balloons while her right hand held a couple of bags filled with clothes.

"Mom! Isn't that too much?" I laughed a little.
"Not for you, sweetie. I can't wait to show you what I got!"
'Yep.. Typical mom.'

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Omg..." Was the word I said about twenty times while I was unpacking all those gifts.
"This one is from dad.." She said silently and pointed on a gift wrapped up in a pastel coloured paper with a white bow on top. It looked like a unicorn kind of.
"Dad sent this...?" I asked her not taking my eyes of the gift.
She nodded and smiled gently.

I grabbed it and stared unpacking it quickly. I wonder what he could have sent me? I never asked for anything.

As I opened it, the inside of the present was filled with candy. Foreign candy. All kinds of chocolate, gummy bears and some salty snacks.
I was so happy.
Underneath all of those, where was something soft packed in a small bag. On top of it was a note.

'Dear Y/N,
I can't believe how long it's been...
I remember seven years ago, when
I had to leave, you cried and kept
asking me and mom:
"When will daddy come back?"
I felt so sad at that moment.
I still do, honestly...
I wish I could have been there
right now, for your birthday.
You have always been the most
important thing in my life,
and you always will be.
I hope you can forgive me.
Have a great birthday, sweetie.
I love you.

A tear slowly escaped my eye. I quickly wiped it away, so mom doesn't see.
I miss him too. Even though of his busy schedule, he found some time to buy all this, write a note and send it. Dads are special, that's a fact.

After a while, I calmed down and took the small bag where the note was. It had my name on it and a small heart next to it.
I tried to hold back my tears as I unpacked it.
I sure didn't expect this... He bought a teddy bear.
It looked a lot like the one I wanted as a child.
He had those big black eyes and a bow around his neck. The first time I saw him as a kid, I told my dad that I want him for my next birthday. But, he was sold out at that time. I don't know how he managed to find him now.
I couldn't stop my tears, so I just sat there and cried.
My mom got closer and pulled me in for a hug. She comforted me till I stopped crying.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Well, you've opened them all..." My mom said in a happy voice.
"Yeah. I can't choose a favourite." I said and looked at all the gifts. I can't believe mom bought so much...
"But you didn't open the main gift." She said and pulled out something out of her bag.
'What's that?' I wondered. 'Isn't this enough?'
And she put it in my hand saying to read what it says.