Realization of love

The work day went along fine. A few customers here and there. It was nearing lunch time. Byeongkwan was in charge of walking the store to help people find what they were looking for while Junhee and I were at the counter checking people out. Not in the dirty way obviously but scanning their items and having them pay for their stuff. I searched for Byeongkwan. Our shift was about to end and I was taking him out for dinner. I did promise a date, now didn't I?

I spotted Byeongkwan looking at the computers intently. There was currently no customers in the shop so I gave Junhee a silent nod towards Byeongkwan. He nodded in return with a smirk on his face. I then left the counter and silently made my way towards the blonde male. I snuck around the shelves quietly. I caught Byeongkwan looking around trying to find me but I could see a soft smile on his face every time I looked at him.

"Sehyoon, you can stop hiding on me," I heard Byeongkwan say. I sighed and came out of my hiding spot. I walked over to Byeongkwan and wrapped my arms around his waist. I rested my chin on his shoulder snuggling into his neck. I couldn't get enough of his scent. "You can't hide from me very well."

"I know," I told him. I heard him laugh. I moved my head so he could turn around in my arms so then we would be face to face. I stared into his brown eyes. I could get lost in those brown orbs of his.

"Is our shift almost over?" Byeongkwan asked. I nodded to my boyfriend. It was almost time for me to take him out for dinner for the first date. We could even catch up on the three years I missed.

Some people asked me once if I regret running away from Byeongkwan for three years. To be honest, I do regret it. I look back and call myself a coward. I could have faced my feelings head on but instead I chose to run. I chose to run from the love of my life, let alone hurt him. I regret hurting Byeongkwan. But now, I could make things better. Because of the moment I ran into him. I can try again. And this time, I won't run ever again.

A few minutes passed after the store was completely closed down. Byeongkwan was getting changed back into the street clothes while I helped Junhee with the registers. The electronics store had two registers. We were almost finished when Byeongkwan returned to the front of the store where I was. It didn't take him long to wrap his arms around me. I felt him snuggle into my neck so I knew it was my time to get changed.

"I will help finish up, you should get changed so we can go get dinner," Byeongkwan whispered into my ear. I felt a shiver roll up my spine at the sudden soft voice of the other.

"Alright, I will be right back," I told Byeongkwan. I whimpered a little when he let me go. I already missed his arms being around me. I then made my way back to the employee lockers.

I entered the locker room and I didn't hear anybody so I was alone. I hated changing in front of the others. They then would see what I had done for three years. I did a lot of bad things in the past three years. There were days I was drunk and got into bar fights. Most of my scars are from said fights. It was hard trying to avoid Byeongkwan. I wasn't the nicest person during this time. I want to keep my past from the younger man. I used to be in a gang. I was really close to the leader when I first started. I would get away with a lot of things. He even let me leave without being hunted or killed. The thing is, he might have his people watching me like I'm going to tell secrets.

I walked over to my locker. There were only five lockers in the place. I wonder where Byeongkwan was keeping his stuff. They might have given him the extra space in my locker. Knowing how Yoochan and Donghun were, they probably did. My answer was plain and simple as soon as I opened my locker. Byeongkwan's stuff was properly hanging in the locker on one side while mine would go on the other side. The lockers were big enough to fit both of our stuff in the same locker.

Once I checked once again that there was nobody in the change room, I then began to change. I removed my shirt as soon as i could. I hated the feel of the work shirt on me. It felt too stiff for me. I always wore soft long sleeve shirts. It kept the scars from showing. Once i had my shirt on, I neatly put my work shirt away into the locker i now shared with Byeongkwan. As soon as i shut the door to the locker, I left the room to meet up with my boyfriend.

It didn't take Byeongkwan long to find me as soon as I entered the front of the store. The young blonde spotted me instantly. Byeongkwan didn't even wait. He grabbed my hand and we were suddenly outside. Byeongkwan must be in a hurry for the date.

The two of us walked towards the restaurant that i had booked prior to the end of lunch break. I knew the owner of the restaurant. Starlight Diner was just down the street and Taekwoon was an old friend of mine from the first year of disappearing. He helped me out a lot. Taekwoon was my go to person for the past three years.

"I'm sorry I rushed out of there," Byeongkwan apologized. This caused me to look at him.

"Why are you apologizing?" I asked. He looked straight up at me.

"I just really want to go on this date with you. I missed you and I cried for months. I was lost without you and here you are," Byeongkwan explained to me. I felt a slight sting in my chest. Byeongkwan cried because of me? He got depressed because I left.

"I'm sorry I left. I thought it would have been better for me to run away and try and get over you but now i feel like I ruined my own life by running," I told him and we both stopped walking. Byeongkwan wrapped his arms around me tightly in silence. I loosely placed my arms around Byeongkwan's slim body.

"You didn't ruin anything. Because in the end, I'm right here, as your boyfriend," Byeongkwan replied as he smashed his lips against mine for a split second. Once he pulled away with a smile on his face, we began walking again. We were really close to Starlight Diner.