Complications

(Damon's POV)

I saw a nurse coming out of the delivery room with a very sick baby, who looked almost blue.Five minutes later, I saw Stefan walking out with only one baby and I knew the sick baby was his.Oh please let her live.

"Stefan, how is she?" Bonnie asked.

"She is going into the OR right now.We have the most handsome son and a daughter we didn't get to see."

Bonnie and I both looked at each other at the same moment.We knew Stefan couldn't see his daughter right now.She was blue five minutes ago, what if she won't be alive when he went to see her.

"I'm sure she is fine.Let us see this little boy first."Bonnie told Stefan.

Stefan gave a small smile and showed us the tiny creature in his arms.The baby had a full head of blonde hair and had really chubby cheeks.The baby automatically won over mine and Bonnie's hearts.He was so cute.

"Have you figured out a name yet?"I asked him.

"Yeah, Elena and I picked out Aiden Tyce and Ella Rose for our girl, as she was getting prepped for the OR."

"Those are beautiful names, Stefan."Bonnie said looking at Aiden.

As we all looked down at the baby, we heard someone walk up behind us.It was Dr.Drinxcail.She looked a little worried.

"Stefan, I have some news for you."

I grabbed the tiny bundle out of Stefan's hands, so he wouldn't hurt him if he got to upset.

"Okay, what is it?"

"Elena's heart stopped during the operation but she is doing fine now.We are putting her into the ICU for a full 24 hours to watch her.Now as for your daughter, she had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck and when we got her to the children's ward, we were able to get her to cry.We did some tests to see if she had anything else wrong with her, because she had pale skin and had a fever.We were able to figure out she has Leukemia.I'm very sorry."