Prologue

A/N: New story! This is a Percy Jackson fanfic.

Disclaimer: We don't own Percy Jackson, Rick Riordan does.

Every chapter in Elena's POV is written by Emily-Ann (Van-Anna), and every chapter in Brace's POV is written by Alyssa (We_Shine_Together).

This is going to be rated PG-13, just in case. There will be monsters and fighting and violence in this, that's a promise.

This is fanfiction. We can change characters, plots, anything. Because that's what fanfiction is.

This prologue is written by Emily-Ann, or Van-Anna.

++++++++

Prologue

Percy paced in the hallway of an old hotel, he kept glancing at the room door with worry. One of his good friends, Rachel, had fallen ill and Will, head of the Apollo cabin, was trying his best to heal her.

"She'll be okay, Percy," Percy turned and looked at Annabeth. She too was concerned for her friend, her once joyful gray eyes where now full of worry.

"What if she's not? What if-"

Annabeth cut him off, "Don't 'what if" it, Percy. You'll only make yourself worry more."

Percy wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into a tight embrace. "I know, I just don't want to lose anyone else."

It had only been a few months since they had lost the war with Gaea. Jason and Piper had died, and Gaea and her giants had taken Olympus. Many demigods had died, leaving both the Romans and the Greeks in small numbers. They had made a dissuasion to join together and hid from the giants. The gods, now imprisoned by Gaea, had stopped claiming their children, not wanting for any harm to come to them. The remaining demigods hide throughout the city, living in abandoned hotels and warehouses. They kept in touch by sending messengers, usually a child of Hermes. Every once in a while a demigod would be caught by a giant and there was nothing they could do. The mortals knew nothing of the horrors going around the world, the mist kept them blind. They found it was easy to blame it on nature.

The Oracle of Delphi now laid dying and there was nothing they could do but hope that the skills if a child of Apollo where enough.

"I know you don't, Seaweed Brain. No one does."

The door to the room opened and Percy and Annabeth parted will looked them with a sad expression, and Percy knew. Tears welled up in the son of Poseidon's eyes.

"The Oracle is dead. She was too weak, the sickness it- I'm sorry, I just wasn't enough," tears began to slip down the young healer's face. He made no movement to wipe them away.

"You did what you could, Will,"Annabeth assured him.

"We'd better gather the others, before she went she gave one last prophecy, and I think everyone will want to hear it." Annabeth gave a nod and Will left.

As soon as he was out of view Percy broke down. He had lost anther one, another friend lost. All Annabeth could do was hold him, she couldn't even tell him that it would be okay. The last thing she wanted to do was lie. Percy had always been strong, but losing the war had taken everything out of him. He was unable to see his Mom, he couldn't even tell her that he was alive, because he didn't want to take the risk of putting her in danger.

They had one last hope though, and it was the last prophecy of the Oracle.