Chapter 13: I Have A Sleepover in an Evil Castle

Brace's POV:

"When the sky turns gray,

And everything is screaming,

I will reach inside

Just to find my heart is beating."

Imagine Dragons ~ "Bleeding Out"

After Elena told me about her and Nico, I debated telling her about my kiss. I decided against it, keeping it a secret between Mason and I. It's our secret.

We were currently training. Every other week on Tuesday we trained together, because Mason had something else to do.

Well, technically we were 'finishing up by ourselves' as Will put it. Which meant he left and we did whatever. I was lazily throwing knives and Elena was sitting down, cleaning the tips of her arrows or whatever.

"So, are you and Nico a thing now?" I ask, breaking the comfortable silence.

She hesitates before saying, "I don't know, I don't think so, I mean, it's been two days. Should I ask him?"

I once again think of telling her, but instead I just shrug.

"Nah, just give it some time."

She opens her mouth to speak, but is cut off by a loud crash. The next thing I know, the walls begin to crack. Cracks spread across and onto the roof like spiderwebs. I grab a set if knives and run out, Elena following me.

"What is this?" she yells.

"I don't know, but we have to get out before it all collapses!"

"Obviously!"

We run down the stairs, the more the walls crack the faster I go, skipping steps to speed up. I make it down and out the door, but what I see outside makes me want to take my chances with the crumbling building.

Besides the fact that it's heavily snowing, at least a hundred monsters are waiting for us, and I finally realize what's happening.

We are under attack, and our camp is being captured by Gaea's forces.

Thirty hellhounds, two giants, all three gorgons, twenty Scythian dracanae, a sphinx, the Colchis bull, and Ladon, the hundred headed dragon, are waiting for us.

I can hear the footsteps of dozens more creatures coming. I share a look with Elena. The demigods around us are charging into battle with no helmets or armor or anything. I glance at Elena again.

"Let's do this," I say as we charge into battle. When you think about it, those are pretty cool last words.

The first monster that attacks me is a gorgon. I scan my mind for facts about gorgons that Mason taught me. Snake hair, deadly blood, and they can turn you to stone. I have to kill it without looking at it.

I plant my eyes on her the ground and rely on my other senses. I hear her footsteps, and her battle cry. I raise a knife. I take a deep breath. Before she's close enough to get me, I send the knife flying at her. I hear it pierce flesh. She's wounded, but slow. She's angry too. Before I can kill her a sword beheads her from behind. I look to see who did it and I see Mason, he smiles at me, and I smile back.

My knives sink into the chests of countless hellhounds, but more monsters keep coming. We are clearly outnumbered. We have about forty demigods and there's hundreds of monsters.

Elena is fighting beside me, shooting arrow after arrow, but it's not enough. None of us are enough.

A hand grabs me from behind. It's a giant, it easily holds my entire body in one hand. Elena is in the other hand. I would say this giant is forty feet tall, give or take. It has dark blue skin, and long green hair. He has reptilian like legs, which are a swampy green color. It's hair has many weapons in it, spears, swords, knives, etcetera. Probably from other dead demigods. It's teeth are so rotten they're orange, and he wreaks of body odor. His eyes are completely white, which terrifies me. I try not to let it show, he can probably smell fear.