Chapter 1

100% inspired by a post submitted on Gerardsdaddy on tumblr

                                      —+—
"Dude, c'mon! She's so hot, you'd by lying if you denied it."

"Are you kidding me? I'd fuck her into next week! Gerard, what do you think? You into her?"

"Sure, whatever." He really hoped he hid the sigh in his voice though it was unlikely. Gerard's gaze never left his fingers, chipping away at whatever was left of his black nail polish. His friends never seemed to stop droning on about their newest sexual conquests, usually with the main goal to end up in bed with a girl.

Gerard wasn't gay. Definitely not. He just wasn't as attracted to women as his friends, that was all. Whenever the conversation drifted to that of girls, which it usually did, Gerard's mind often wandered to three nights ago.

It was innocent really, two boys drunk out of their minds seeking the comfort of anyone but themselves. All they shared was a simple peck on the lips, no tongue, no feelings, yet it was enough to send Gerard's whole world spinning on its axis.

He shook his head, ridding himself of the thoughts of that boy. He needed a girlfriend. That would distract him enough, maybe they'd be together forever. The high school sweethearts you read about in the romance novels.

"Fuck fuck fuck! Dude, she's coming over." Brendon nudged Gerard in the ribs, obviously excited.

Gerard lifted his gaze slightly only to be met with a pair of brown eyes and a warm smile. He let his eyes study the girl in front of him. She had smooth, tan skin and arched eyebrows. Her hair was a dark brown, not quite black, but close enough to be mistaken for ebony if you didn't pay it too much mind. Her lips were thin and pointed at the Cupid's bow. She was pretty, that much Gerard knew.

"Hey, you're Gerard, right?" He was snapped out of his daze by her voice.

"Uh- yeah? Hi." She giggled at his response for reasons unknown to him.

"I'm Cassie, Cassie Iero. I'm in your math class."

"Oh-uh-okay?" He was totally clueless as to why she was here, but he wasn't rude enough to push her away.

"You seem cool, wanna go out sometime?"

Gerard knew this was the opportunity he needed, he could make her his girlfriend and then all thoughts of that boy would be gone from his mind, his eyes lit up at the realisation.

"Yeah! Totally, after school okay for you?" He tried to sound cool, that was what girls liked right?

"Sure, I'll meet you at the gates?"

"Yeah, that works. See you, Cassie."

She grinned, turning around. Not before muttering a goodbye to Gerard as she left.

                                      —+—

Three weeks after they had gone out for coffee after school, Cassie was now officially Gerard's girlfriend. He honestly wasn't sure how he felt about the situation yet he still pushed those thoughts down as he sat in the cafeteria with his arm lazily slung around her shoulders.