Chapter 1

Alfred F. Jones. The personification of the United States of America. And the man I love. I don't know what happened to us. We used to be inseparable in the past- but now, we are further apart than our nations on the globe. I want to be close to him. I want him to love me. I really need this man in my life again or I'll fall apart. It feels like a chunk of my heart got ripped out and now my heart is ripped and hollow. I stare at him, talking to his brother, England. My heart beats faster as I make the decision to walk over to America. "America, can I talk to you?" I ask. He looks at England, looking a bit worried. He turns back to me. "Sure..."

"I'll leave you to it." England says, walking away from us. "Can we talk about this?" I ask. "About what? There's nothing to talk about."

"Yes there is! Alfred, please. I love you. I want us to be together again. I'm sorry for the way I acted." I'm practically begging. I want this man. I'm so empty without him. "Russia, there is nothing to talk about. You really hurt me back then, I don't know if I can trust you again."

"I know. I'm so sorry. Please, let's get back together."

He's hesitant. Almost as if he's thinking of the right words to say. Alfred heavily sighs, and begins to speak, "No. I'm sorry..." The American- No. MY American turns, and walks away. He leaves me there, hurt. I hang my head. I don't want him to leave me. I just don't. Why doesn't he trust me? I know what I did was awful and I regret it fully. Just...

Please come back to me, America.