Chapter 6

~Russia's P.O.V~
I won't give up! I just can't! Why did America have to bring up the past? I know he's still upset about it, but he didn't have to just flat out say what I did. I don't want to be reminded of the way I treated the Baltics. Their constant fear of me, even after many years, hurts me to this day. I did apologize to them. I told them how deeply sorry I was for to have hurt them. Especially Lithuania. He still has scars on his back for what I did to him. I didn't mean to hurt them. I was just corrupted and blind by the hunger for more power. How foolish I was to have wanted so much in order to lose it in just a few years. I even lost the best thing in the world.

America.

He was my sun and moon no matter what. And I lost him... I'm such an idiot. I was looking at the stars and barely even noticed the moon. The one thing you cannot miss when looking at the beautiful dark sky. That bright orb that sits in the sky when it's full and you're almost sad when it's gone, but oh so happy when it comes back. How could I have missed it? Why didn't I stop when he was so pained? Did I not care enough? He was a good person, and I lost him. I'm scared that I'll never get him back again. My days are now as dark as ever. It's almost as if I can't see anything. And if I see nothing, then what's the point of going on?