Chapter 6

The same day:

Kenna's POV

There he was.

Dr. Tyler Hart, with his back turned towards us, was gazing out of the window.

Here I am, worried about what's ahead of me. And he's gazing out of the window.

This old man has plenty of time in the world.

The nurse says, "Dr. Hart, they're here," in her posh accent.

He turns around ever so slowly.

He definitely has all the time in the world.

And then...

I was met with the most exquisite face I'd ever seen on the face of this earth.

Dr. Hart wasn't the old man with gray hair I'd imagined. He didn't even wear glasses.

He was probably a few years older than me and was so gorgeous.

Wait, am I drooling over a doctor?

"Hello, Miss Joy," he says in his majestic voice, flicking his eyes between mom and me.

"Hey, Dr. Hart," mom says.

"Please have a seat", he nods and makes his way towards his desk.

We sit in the seats opposite him, and he is in his.

I look at him; he has lovely dark brown hair, gorgeous deep blue eyes, a perfectly sculpted nose, a beautiful pair of lips, and a jaw that is on point.

I might have been staring at him for too long because he smiles and says, "So, I'm guessing you're Kenna?" wiggling his eyebrows.

"Yes, I am," I reply, trying to sound calm.

"So what brings you here?", he asks mom.

"Is there a file from a previous hospital?"

"Uh, yes, there is," mom says, handing my file from the previous hospital to him.

He scans the file quickly and looks at it thoughtfully as he begins closing it.

"So, you're here for a second opinion. Well, then let's not waste any time. I mean, the faster you tend to it, the better", he says in a rush.

Mom nods enthusiastically in agreement, and so do I, unenthusiastically.

"Let's begin with the tests. If it's negative, then that's good. If it turns positive, then we'll begin with the treatment as soon as possible", he says, looking at mom.

Mom nods again. I don't move a muscle.

"So, when do we get back for the tests?" mom asks shakily.

"Let's start now. I don't want to delay anything. Come on", he says, looking at me.

I blink at him and get up from my chair.

"Which doctor will be tending to her?", mom asks. "Dr. Wesley?, Dr. Kennedy?, or...?".

"Well, I'm a doctor too", he says with a cute smile. "Dr. Hart will be tending to her".

There was a sense of relief on mom's face.

"I'm sorry, I thought since you were the head of the department you didn't tend to any patients", she says to him.

"Oh, no. I prefer tending to patients rather than being the head of those who tend to them", he says, raising his eyebrows. "Also, most of the doctors haven't arrived as yet. It's a lazy world", he mumbles.