Chapter 6 - Ian?

All writing is mine but the characters are not.
Summary - Ian got so stressed out over his new job as a paramedic that his meds went off balance.
———————————————————————

Ian got home from work and started cleaning instantly. Mickey was sleeping on the couch with an empty beer bottle in one hand and a burnt out cigarette in the other. Ian took both things out of Mickeys hand, he then continued cleaning. He hadn't slept in 3 days and all he's done is go to work, come home and clean then go to work and do the same things over and over. He never stopped moving.
~
About an hour later Ian was cleaning the bathroom, he looked over at Mickey and saw a shadow creeping up being him. He ran over as fast as he could and started yelling Mickeys name as he shook the sleeping boy.  "Mickey Mickey wake up they are coming to take you from me." Ian yelled panicked. Mickey started waking up and he was confused as hell, he was about to say something to Ian but Ian has already ran off to somewhere else in the house. "Ah fuck Ian are you takin your meds!" Mickey yelled knowing this happened once before when Ian hadn't been taking them. He didn't get an answer so he got up and went to find Ian, he found the boy sitting on the bathroom floor crying. "Ian no ones here, no ones going to take me I promise. You're stuck with me forever." Mickey tried cleaning Ian down and sat beside him pulling the tall ginger into his lap. Ian nodded slightly seeing the 'they' were gone. "But-but they came b-back." Ian said terrified. Mickey shook his head. "Have you need taking your meds?" He asks. "Yes Mick, I've been taking my meds." Ian said honesty. "Okay firecrotch, why don't you go get some sleep and I'll call your doctor okay?" Mickey kisses Ian's forehead, Ian smiled softly and nodded. He got up and went to go take a nap, he suddenly felt really tired.
~
After a long phone call with the doctor it has been concluded that Ian was too stressed from work and he needed to work less hours or his meds wouldn't work, the doctor also mentioned that Mickey should be keeping a close eye on Ian to make sure he didn't harm himself. Mickey realized that Ian had calmed down so fast and willingly went to bed, meaning he had crashed and Mickey didn't even pay attention. Mickey grew scared and ran upstairs to Ian, what if Ian had felt unwanted when Mickey sent him off to bed? Mickey thought to himself. "Ian you gotta call your boss before things get wor..." mickeys sentence got cut off then he was Ian laying lifeless in their bed with blood surrounding him. He remembered once when Monica has slit her wrist on thanksgiving. Mickey has no idea what to do, Fiona dealt with Monica before. Mickey slowly walked up to Ian as the tears ran down his cheeks. "Firecrotch?" He whispered. "Come on baby wake up." Mickey begged, he's never called Ian baby before but he knew Ian would have loved it. "Gallagher wake the fuck yo, this-this isn't funny." Mickey sat beside Ian, he couldn't take his eyes off of the boy, he looked even more pale then before. Mickey grabbed his phone and called 911, after he called 911 he called Fiona. "What do you want Mickey?" Fiona asked. Mickey tried to hid his sins but he couldn't. "It's Ian." He managed to get out. "H-he's gone." Mickey sobbed. "What do you mean? Did he run away?" Fiona asked. "NO FIONA HES FUCKIN GONE, he slit his wrists." Mickey hung up the phone and curled up next to Ian, he didn't care about the blood, he didn't care about anything anymore, he wanted Ian back. He laid on Ian's chest hoping to hear a heartbeat but he couldn't find it. "I'm sorry Ian, I love you so so so much. Please know that I always loved you. From the second I saw you with your stupid freckles and big smile I fell in love. You know how I planned that dinner for us next week? I bought you a ring, I was going to propose to you. I wanted to be with you forever, you were supposed to be my husband." Mickey whispered, he didn't notice when Fiona walked in. The ambulance arrived a while ago but it was Ian's co worker and she knew that Mickey needed to say goodbye so she stood in the hall and waited. Fiona walked into the bedroom with tears running down her cheeks. "Mickey you've gotta let him go." Fiona whispered. Mickey glared at Fiona. "I was gonna propose to him Fiona." Mickey pilled the ring out of his pocket. "I was gonna marry him." He whispered. "Ian would've said yes, there's no doubt about it, he loved you Mickey Milkovich, no one knows why but he loved you more then he's ever loved anyone before." Fiona sat beside Mickey. "Give him the ring now." She wiped her tears, she hated crying in front of people. Mickey looked at Ian's left hand and grabbed ahold of it, he slide the ring on his finger. "I love you Ian." Mickey whispered then got up and left the room.
~
About a week later after the funeral Mickey came home still in tears. He went upstairs to his and Ian's old room, Fiona changed all the bedding and cleaned up the blood. Mickey looked around, he felt so empty. He picked up one of Ian's sweaters and put it on. He felt something in the pocket, he pulled it out and started crying when he saw a ring, there was also a note.
'Hey Mick, by the time you read this I will be gone. You know how you planned that dinner for us? Well I wanted to propose to you, but then I got scared. I got stressed from work. I just couldn't handle anymore stress. I love you Mick. ~ Sincerely Gallagher'
Mickey put the ring on his finger. "Yes, yes I would've married you." He whispered as he set the not down beside a picture of Ian. "I love you."

____________________________

I'm sorry that I haven't written in a while, I forgot my log in information and i got logged out but I figured it out and I'm back now.
- Jaid 🏳️‍🌈