4. Some Things Never Change

Elsa's POV

"Rise and shine mom!" Snow giggled as she shook my tired body. I groaned and grabbed a nearby pillow, suffocating my face in it.

"5 more minutes." I begged. She took the pillow away from me and I realized she was already dressed for school. Her jet black hair was tied up into two pigtails by red ribbons and she was in her uniform.

"Come on mommy, I already served us some cereal." Snow pulled me out of bed and pulled me into the bathroom. "Hurry up and get ready, school starts in 20 minutes!" She jumped excitedly as I stretched and nodded. Snow was always more responsible than me, sometimes. She had matured so much over the years.

I took a quick shower and applied some makeup while I listened to her watching SpongeBob. I quickly put on a pair of jeans and a T-shirt. Snow giggled at my state as I wolfed down the Lucky Charms she served me.

"Mommy you look pretty." She complimented me as I finished my breakfast. I rolled my eyes playfully and handed her her backpack.

"Well you look beautiful." I kissed her forehead and put on some comfortable black heels, while tucking in my shirt and grabbing my bag. Snow grabbed an apple, as she always does, and munched on it as we walked down the stairs of our apartment building.

"Can we have some ice cream after school mom?" Snow asked, her pigtails bouncing as she got into the car. I shrugged and started driving to her school.

"Yeah, but you might have to eat it at auntie Anna's place because mommy is going to be very busy today." I sighed, thinking about how Snow's birthday party was going to go.

I want to get Snow a puppy, since she adores animals, but I cant find the right one for her. Anna recommended a close adoption center, where Kristoff had gotten Sven, so I decided to check it out.

"Did you get your lunch?" I asked, referring to some spaghetti I prepared for her last night. I loved making lunch for her. Cooking is one of my greatest passions so I always get to experiment with making a nutritional meal for her. Today was spaghetti, apple slices, cranberry juice, and a few Oreos for her small sweet tooth.

"Yes, it looks yummy, as always." She smiled and unbuckled her seat belt when I parked infront of her school. She leaned over the seat and gave me a kiss on my cheek. "By mom! I love you, forever, always." She giggled as she stepped out of the car and waved to a group of girls.

"Love you too Snow. Forever, always." I waved and started driving out when I saw her talking to the other girls, then run to the playground.

"Siri, call Merida." I said out loud and Siri obliged. My phone started ringing, like it would when you want to call someone, before Merida picked up.

"Hey Els! What's up?" She said as I let out a small chuckle. I wasn't used to hearing Merida this happy ever since her brother died in a horrible plane accident. Merida was depressed for a few months. She shut everyone out, including me. And honestly, I can relate to her.

It must have felt like a part of her was ripped out, for good. Having someone you loved so much just leave, it hurts. It hurts so much, but you can't let it get the best of you. That's the worst thing you can possibly do, because then, you'll hurt the people around you.

"Nothing, are you busy at the moment?" I asked as I drove down the freeway.

"Nope! You want me to come over or something?" She asked and I noddded, although she wasn't here.

"Well, not exactly. I'll pick you up and explain." I chuckled and she gave in, then hung up. Merida Dunbroch has been my best friend since practically birth.