Chapter 8

I put off the doctors words for so long, and I don't think Connor has the guts to bring them up either.

Procrastination has always been a big part of who I am, but now it doesn't feel like the right thing to do. I used to procrastinate projects, essays, laundry, and making friends in a new school, now I'm procrastinating something that will truly never go away. No matter which way it turns.

Connors cough breaks the silence in the worst way, it brings out the point that we both know the problem, but we are too scared to find a solution.

"Let's talk about it in a few days. We have time." I finally speak up.

"I'm sorry I've been quiet, I knew you should make any decisions first." He glances at the floor, or at least that direction.

I sigh and walk down the hall to our bedroom before drifting off to sleep, dreaming of tv shows that didn't seem realistic, now knowing they are.

...

When I wake up, I'm happy to realize Connor is being his normal self, masking the news for me.

"Have anything in mind for dinner?" Connor asked before hopping over the couch beside me.

It was already 7 pm.

"Im honestly not that hungry" I replied, shrugging it off.

He wrapped his arm around my neck and took the xbox controller to pick a movie.

"Popcorn?" I went into the kitchen to get a couple of snacks to fill my hunger instead of a meal.

"Without popcorn how could it be a date?" He winked at me.

I pulled on a warm spider man sweater shirt while the popcorn heated up.

*beeep* the microwave went slowly, which made it even more annoying.

I poured the popcorn into a bowl and also dropped some M&M's into it to add a sweet taste.

Glancing back at the Television I noticed Connor had picked the popular tumblr girl movie TFIOS.

"Oh god I don't want to cry that much tonight" I mumbled.

"It's really good. I've already went twice."

"The premiere..." My voice faint.

"And with Kian. He didnt cry."

I let out a small laugh and walked back with the bowl.

"Mmmm" He said, popping a piece into his mouth and grinning up at me.

I sat down and laid a blanket on top of us, a must have for cuddling. One of my legs set on top of his and my right arm wrapped around his waist.

"You can't watch the movie with your head buried into my stomach" He smirked and tilted up my head.

"oh fine. for you" I sighed and repositioned to view the TV.

The part that got me to start crying was when they visited Van Houten. I could feel Hazel's disappointment.

I looked over at Connor and he was too letting a tear or two stream down his face.

Hazel and Augustus made their way up the Frank House (Home of Anne Frank) and when they kissed, Connor leaned in to me and kissed my cheek.

"That's one of my favorite parts" I grinned through my tears.

He lifted his thumb up against my face and wiped the few tear drops off my eyes and face.

When the movie ended we trudged back upstairs to his room. We got ready to sleep by plugging in our phones and getting under the blanket. I turned towards the wall and he layed behind me, wrapping one arm around my waist, and the other tracing circles in my back.

I fell asleep pretty quickly.