Chapter One Hundred and Eleven

It's hard to believe that almost three years ago I met a beautiful soul in this fandom who would change part of me forever. Without @califleurnia support and firm push I never would have tried my hand at writing. I had no idea it would have such a huge impact on my life. I will be forever indebted to you beautiful lady.

Along the way I've met more dear friends who have helped shape my voice and create with me. Without them and the dozens of you who offer your encouragement and feedback regularly I never would have had the courage to not only write fanfic but also publish my first original work or start my first novel.

You inspire me.

You lift me up on the dark days.

This fandom could often be a difficult space to share feelings and opinions openly, especially if they differ from popular opinion, but there is one thing I will always be proud of:  THERE IS NO SPACE MORE WELCOMING AND SUPPORTIVE OF WRITERS THAN THIS FANDOM. The sense of community amongst those who write and read fanfic is incredible. I have never experienced pettiness or competition from another writer, only encouragement and collaboration. And our readers know how to lift someone up like nothing I've seen. Not once have I experienced anything but love from those who read my stories. So thank you, to each and every one of you who has taken the time to read, review, like, make a request or dissect a scene with me.  And mostly thank you for sticking around on this incredible and very lengthy journey that has been Aftermath.

On December 24th 2015 I clicked "publish chapter" for the very first time and launched this story.  It's been a labour of pure love for me, pouring much of my own life experiences into this story, and knowing so many people have been touched by it is an amazing gift. It's been fun imagining how these characters could grow and develop.

I cannot thank @cb150681 @letitrainletitsnowbutdontletmego @mtngirlforever @runnin-on-sunshine enough. I never would have made it to the end without the unique ways in which each of you supported me and this process. I owe you ladies everything. The countless hours you've all generously given me in both creative support and friendship.... I can never express what that's meant to me.

I'm not sure what comes next for me with fanfic, that door is definitely wide open, but for now I'm going to focus on completing my writing courses and hope to publish more original works. I can't say thank you enough.

I hope you enjoy the conclusion of Aftermath. I have stressed over this chapter for weeks, editing and adding things, hoping it lives up to all your expectations. Ultimately I decided it should end with a nod to its beginning, bringing everything full circle.

Hoping you all find your Always,

Sherri
Jktwiw
Justkillingtimewhileiwait

____________________

Emily stepped out onto the cabin's back deck. Her brothers and her had helped Dad replace it the summer before and the wood still looked and smelled new. It's pale yellow lumber stood out in contrast against the well worn cedar shingles on the old cabin. In time this the new deck would darken down as the weather beat on it and the family gathered, sprawling in the comfortable arm chairs to catch up with one another or enjoy the peaceful sound of the woods and river, forgetting the real world they'd come up here to escape from. She scanned the river bank until her eyes found Aunt Shelby's tree. As she suspected at its foot sat a slender woman with long flowing brown hair. She'd bet her badge there was a sketch pad and charcoal in her lap and a dog laying at her side. Emily smiled as she stepped off the porch. While she and her brothers had run wild through the woods surrounding the cabin as kids Lily could always be found near the water, under her birth mother's tree, sketching or painting something and almost always with an animal curled up at her side.