Chapter 7: Smelly meat and Petite Pete

I woke up, but not in bed. I woke up at the table in grandmother's kitchen. I wasn't tied up, but there were bear traps all around my chair. Garter was in the chair next to me, but he was tied up.

Lucky! I have bear traps around my chair, and he doesn't.

I took a sniff through the nose, and then I wished that I never did. It was that smell again (but this time, it was worse).

Not long after, Grandmother came in with plates of raw meat. She gave each of us (including herself) a plate. She then set a plate next to her. At first, I thought she was a lot crazier than I thought. Then I saw Petite Pete fly over and eat it. Watching him eat the meat gave me an idea, but I had to wait for grandmother to leave.

Before she left, she ate her meat and spoon-fed Garter (more like force-fed). After about fifteen minutes of listening to him choking back vomit, she went upstairs (to the bathroom, judging by the sound of her footsteps going to the left). I took some of my meat and I started to smear it on his ropes when I heard her coming back. When I turned around to put the meat back on my table, I saw that most of it was gone and that Petite Pete was looking at me with that "I ate your meat" look in his face. I lightly whispered "thank you" to him for what he did.

That was when I heard a voice that was too light to be who I thought was saying it, "Who are you thanking?" I turned my head to see Grandmother staring down at me.

"Uh..." I responded, trying to think of something. "I was...thanking you for the meat...it was...good."

"Well," she started, "you still have some left."

Reluctantly, I took the meat and put it in my mouth. It tasted like pork, but sweeter. In fact, it was so sweet that I felt sick to my stomach (not sweeter than candy, but still).

After that was over, Grandmother forced us back in our bedrooms (she didn't even lock the doors, the dumb ninny). I then heard her drop something at the door. I walked towards the door and looked under the door to see that that crazy old bat left a rusty bear trap at the door, just to make sure I don't leave. This led me to believe that she would be gone for a while, but she wasn't.

It only took fifteen minutes for her to return from whatever she was doing. (I could tell because I heard her wander around for a while.)

About four hours of total boredom later, she slid a plate of that sweet meat under my door. Since I knew she wouldn't actually check my room very hard, I put the meat under the sheet. I then put the plate back under the door for Grandmother to get. She came by rather quick, but not only did she grab the plate but she also shot a tranquilizer dart in my neck. She then shut the door and walked out with the plate. I managed to make it to my bed before I passed out.