Chapter 8: A hammer and a tripwire bell

I woke up yet again, and this time, I had a plan. However, I had to change plans because of the creaky floor. When I heard the floor creak under the weight of my foot, I instinctively hid under the bed. Sure enough, she came in to investigate. She never looked under the bed, though (she just looked around).

When she left (leaving the door open, of course), I grabbed the vase from the table and hid in the locker (because I made the floor creak, again). She came back (sure as heck) and looked around yet again, and then she left.

I got out of the locker and walked into Garter's bedroom. He was sleeping like a baby when I walked in, which meant that the plan could work. I saw another doorway in his room and I went on in. It was another bedroom, which led me to believe that she kidnapped people on an almost daily basis. I put this out of my mind when I heard Grandmother approaching. I hid under the bed and watched grandmother walk in. She looked around and left.

I got out from under to follow her when I heard her drop something. I went to look and I saw that she had dropped a bear trap. (How many of those bloody things did she own? Yes, they were a little bloody, and they were very rusty [well, the ones I saw were, including the one I saw at that time].)

I snuck to my left (still upstairs) to see a door. I tried to open it, but it was locked (probably the only door she locked, but I figured out later on that it wasn't. But, I'll tell you that later). I walked back into the bedroom and hid under the bed when I heard Grandmother approaching. After her brief and undetailed search, she left and kept looking. I got out from under the bed and walked into this lil hallway that connected Garter's bedroom to the one I was in, where I noticed a handle of something on a high shelf. I was about 5' 8" in height, so getting it would be no problem. I grabbed it and it turned out to be a hammer. I decided to keep it with me in case I needed it.

I then walked back into the bedroom I was hiding in. I then heard her walking towards the room, so I hid under the bed. She walked in and looked around a bit before entering a room that was attached to the one I was in. I also heard her say in her sweet but sinister voice, "Where are you?"

When I didn't hear her footsteps anymore, I got out from under the bed and walked snuck downstairs. I went for the exit door but saw about five locks on the door. One of them was actually just two wooden boards, one was the door, one was a code lock, one was something that looked like a lever, and the last one was two red lights.

As I got closer, I heard a bell. I looked down and saw that I had tripped a wire that, in turn, rang a bell and got Grandmother's attention. She started walking towards me in a brisk fashion, blunt instrument in hand. I tried to run away, but I hit a wall. I didn't want to turn around because I knew what was coming, but I did anyway and came face-to-face with her blunt instrument (literally).