Chapter 5

Remi was daydreaming.
Kind of.
In Calculus; her last class of the day. 
"Remi!" The teacher barked, "Would you be so generous as to give us the answer to question #3?"
"Um..."
"163." She turned her head slightly to see Arlo mouthing the answer. 
"163."
"Correct." The teacher grumbled, "Mr. Gavin!"
Remi smiled at her boyfriend and mouthed thanks. For some reason, she thought of Elaine. Elaine had seemed a little strange at lunch, giving the couple her warm congratulations, her eyes seemed a bit too venomous for Remi's liking. Stop! Now's not the time to think about that. Keep your head in the game, Remi. That argument with Blyke was unnecessary, I need to apologize.

As she thought the redhead, she sighed, oh Blyke! Why did you have to make this so difficult for me? I gotta protect you. Even if that means destroying our relationship. But how do I protect you and still remain friends with you at the same time? They'll obviously notice. 

BRING!

BRING!

BRING!

Please read pages 3-16 tonight, there will be a test tomorrow."

"Hey." Arlo's blue eyes seemed to pierce through her soul. 

"Thanks for catching me there!" Remi rubbed her neck in embarrassment.

Arlo lifted her chin up and captured her lips in his. 

"Wha-"

She melted into the kiss, and after a couple of seconds, it turned into a full makeout session. Was it his gentle embrace? Them being so intimate in front of their classmates? The way his rough hands cupped her cheeks in such a tender way? He was so afraid to hurt her and make a mistake and she lived for it. Was it his cologne mixing with her own flowery scent that made her delirious and so on the edge? She laughed to herself softly. I have to be careful, don't I? Play, play, play along. 

I'm sorry, Arlo. I have to make this relationship look real. 

With much difficulty, she pulled herself off him and stepped away.

Arlo looked hurt, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, silly! I just remembered I have to go on a shopping trip with Elaine! I'm going to be late if I don't hurry!"

"Is that all?"

"Hmmm, I think John's coming too! Sera might be too if Elaine asked her."

"WHAT?" Arlo scowled.

Remi giggled, "Don't worry, silly! Remember? Even if they're oblivious toward each other's feelings, we all know."

His expression relaxed, if only for a bit.

"I'm still coming with you."

"Arlo. I'm a high tier," She put her hand on his chest," I'm going to be fine."

"I'm going."

Remi sighed, there was no arguing with him..."Fine. Come on. We're leaving in 5."

I hate doing this to you. But I have to.