Chapter 6

WE HIT 1K IM SO PROUD THANK YOU <3

Remi's P.O.V.

We're here! We're finally here. "C' mon Arlo! We gotta meet them on floor 2." We rode up to the elevator in silence. I was so excited. 

We hadn't hung out together for quite a while. 

"EKK!" I squealed out loud. Arlo rushed to my side in an instant, "Are you ok?" He worriedly asked.

"AH!"

"REMI!"

I smirked secretly, my sweet overly-protective boyfriend was awesome. "I'm fine, I'm just super excited!"

"Hey look! There they are!" I saw a pink head with green highlights, black hair, blue hair, and red-

Red hair?

What, did Elaine drag him here? I was not ready - not ready at all to confront him! What the f*ck was I supposed to say? What excuses was I supposed to give?

Blyke's P.O.V.

F*ck. Elaine, what the hell was Remi doing here? She told me it was a short hangout with Seraphina and her. What the hell. I felt bad for earlier...but if I'd known she was here, I wouldn't have given it a second thought before rejecting the idea. I wasn't ready to apologize. I still needed time. 

Normal P.O.V.

The pink-haired girl gaped as she saw Seraphina, John, Elaine, and Blyke.

Elaine, how could you?  She bit her nails nervously. Ok, Remi, keep calm...pretend nothing happened. It'll fine.

"Oh! Hey guys! Are we all ready? Sorry, we got held up in traffic." Remi lied easily with a fake smile plastered on my face. "Hmmm, look over there! Elaine, I heard you were recently interested in lacy dresses! Let me help you!"

"Well, thank you but-"

"No buts! We all know you've been dying to try one of these on! C'mon!"

As soon as Remi dragged Elaine to a nearby private corner, she gave her one of her most famous 'death stares', "What was that all about?"

Elaine laughed nervously, "W-what do you mean Remi?"

"You know what I mean, why did you bring Blyke here?"

"Well...he had nothing to do so I brought him with us I thought it would be fun." Remi wasn't Isen but she could clearly see the panic in the bluenette's eyes and the quickened rise of her chest. Speaking of Isen, "Wait, what about Isen then? Why didn't you bring him along?"

"He said he was busy today."

"Elaine, I know why he's here. You want me to apologize."

Her shoulders sagged, "Well, ok, but-"

"I'm not doing it."

"What," Elaine stared at her, her green eyes in disbelief. "You're kidding! I brought you two together so you could fix your whole mess! All of us can sense the tension; I don't know what the fight that happened between you two was about, but please! Do something! None of us can stand the awkwardness anymore! I don't want my friends to fight anymore..."

"It's NOT MY fault that he got mad that I went and started dating Arlo. I have a damn life outside of him. He doesn't decide what friends I get to make and have!" Remi said firmly. Tell him what I said. Perhaps...he'll be so sad he'll walk away from me forever. I don't believe being nice and telling the truth is going to help this situation in any way. 

"Oh, come on, Remi, at least be a little considerate of his feelings."

"What feelings? His feelings of overprotectiveness? Trying to protect me from the real world? Blocking me from every obstacle I need to get over to find my true self? His thoughts of me making new friends already told me enough, thank you."

"Remi. He loves you, damnit!" She snorted angrily and stormed off. This girl! She doesn't understand...she doesn't understand how he feels when he sees you with Arlo! 

Remi P.O.V

No. Don't make this harder than it has to be. An unnoticed hole in my tight seams. God, how had I not noticed? Was I so invested in those other issues that I hadn't seen the one right in front of me?  I thought I had predicted everything that would happen...but obviously I hadn't done it correctly. 

After Elaine left, I was left with my very confused and mixed thoughts. Shaking my head, I laughed nervously. This couldn't be possible. He was one of my best friends, and he really wouldn't like me in that kind of way right? He couldn't!

A pang in my heart told me otherwise, my instincts were telling me Elaine wasn't lying or trying to make me feel bad. Had she had this kind of experience before? Maybe Blyke confided in her? Perhaps it was obvious to everyone but me because I was known for being oblivious and naive? But then why hadn't anyone told me? Perhaps it's because there were other factors involved... other people...Elaine...I shook my head. It didn't matter. I shouldn't get myself involved in Elaine's love life, I still needed to sort my own out. 

But if it was true --

Blyke...really does love me?

"Attention all shop customers and employees. We have just been informed there is a minor emergency near us, so the city police have asked that we evacuate the store. Please leave in the next 10 minutes. Thank you."