t w e n t y - o n e

Chapter Twenty-One

Missy

Melissa wasn't gone for long. Minutes later, I heard the ominous click of her heels growing closer and growled lowly as the cage was lifted. She ignored us and was talking frantically into her wrist comm.

"Hurry and get here! And I won't accept anything less than one million for the lizards. I'm sure they've found my location by now, I have to move! These trackers won't be able to locate me if I'm off-world."

"She doesn't know that our trackers are much more advanced than that," Kate whispered into my mind, "They'll find her, no matter where she runs off to."

I would have been ecstatic at that information, but she was planning on selling us, and I knew that we weren't being sold to another Kymari. If this went well for her, there was a possibility that we would be the first fire lizards to go off world! Not only that but going to another planet could easily start a war!

"This is bad," I grumbled to Kate, "We can't let her sell us, if we do, there's a possibility we'll never be able to get back without a war."

"We have to do something now," Kate whispered.

Mellissa huffed angrily and threw us onto some kind of table before stomping off somewhere else. Immediately, I crawled out of the bag and peeked out. Thankfully, we were out of that room filled with sicora, but we were still in hot water.

Kate crawled out and moved over to the lock. With ease, she unlocked the cage and the door creaked open. We both scrambled out and looked around frantically.

"If Victor and the rest found our location, then they're in trouble. This place has a room filled with sicora, and all Melissa has to do is open it and it'll be a massacre."

My heart dropped into the pit of my stomach. I hadn't even thought of that!

I turned to Kate with frightened eyes, "What are we going to do then?!"

Sighing, Kate sat on her haunches and closed her eyes.

"Let me try and contact Victor. I'll warn him of the dangers here. Maybe there's  a possibility that I can still talk to him without being near him."

With a nod, I stood guard, ready to fry anything that came close. My heart sped up as I heard Melissa's footsteps approaching our location, along with another set of footsteps. I stood up and flared my wings, ready to take to the air. As soon as they rounded the corner, I launched into the air with a furious battle scream. Flame left my mouth and Melissa screamed as I scorched the side of her face.

The cat man beside her slipped and fell into his butt, his eyes wide with fear. I didn't spare him either. He was also an enemy. He hissed and screeched in pain as my flame singed his fur and skin.

"How did you get out?!" Melissa screamed furiously. Her black eyes locked onto mine; displaying so much hatred I thought I would turn into sand.

Kate screamed from behind me and I whipped around to see a large sicora trying to attack her. I briefly wondered why there was just one sicora that was out. Melissa probably let him out to set a trap! I saw red, and without any warning, I flew under him, flaming his black skin and slicing his black flesh with my sharp nails. Guts and blood fell onto my scales and I wanted to scream in disgust. The sicora dropped to the ground with a splat.

"Let's burn this place down!" Kate hollered as she took to the air. I obliged and immediately got to work burning everything in my path. Immediately, my flame took root and grew tremendously. Melissa was furious. She chased after us with that net that I loathed and I expertly dodged her. There was no way she could ever catch me.

I screeched loudly as I flew towards her face, my flaws ready to mutilate her even more. Her pain filled scream filled the air as my long, sharp claws tore out one of her eyes. Blood, tears, and snot dripped from her face as she fell into her back. She held her eye, screaming terribly loud as she rolled around on the floor. I wanted to strike her again, but I had to burn this place to the ground first, I would not stop until Kate and I were the last ones standing.

While Melissa licked her wounds on the floor, I followed Kate as we flew around the place that held us captive, setting the place ablaze.

Our flame took root quickly, and within minutes, flames were everywhere. When we made it back to the room we'd started in, Melissa was nowhere to be found. I landed on the table where our cage was, listening closely to see if I could locate her, but with the dying screams of the many sicora in the building, I couldn't.

It was hot, very much so, but as dragonets, we were fine. If Melissa was anywhere in the building, or if her little cat friend was anywhere in the building, then they would be dying from suffocation.

I turned to Kate, "I don't feel safe in here, let's find a way out."

With a nod, we flew towards a wall that had collapsed and made it outside. I was immediately relieved when the fresh air of the forest reached my nose. Kate and I landed in a tree and watched from afar as the place burned to the ground.

It seems as if Melissa had holed herself and her many sicora friends inside of an abandoned building in the middle of the forest. I was quite confused as to why it was even here. It must have belonged to the White Aliens, because they wiped the earth clean of our existence. I was surprised that the Kymari left it here.

Kate growled and I turned to her in confusion.

"Melissa is still alive, I just know she escaped! Damn it all, why can't she just die already! If she's alive, we'll never be able to relax!"

Kate's eyes were filled with fear and anger. I hummed softly and placed a wing over her quivering body. Kate was right. As long as Melissa was alive, we could never relax, but hopefully, after today, she would think twice before she decided to mess with us again. But then there was a chance that she could come after us again with a very calculated and well put together plan. If we were to meet again, there wouldn't be a doubt in my mind that she would be ready for us.

"We just have to focus on not getting caught again," I whispered to Kate, "We'll never let our guard down again, and we'll protect Victor with our lives. Never again will I let this happen."

Kate sighed softly beside me as we watched the building burn to the ground and waited for Victor and the others to locate us.

Yes, I won't relax until that wretched woman is dead.

_Gieo_