Chapter 24

I silently watched from my perch on the roof as the five figures decided on which building to go in first. I was surprised that the woman was still alive. She must have managed to get away from the Rats as they ate her boyfriend. And now she is here for blood. Our blood.

I needed to warn Lizzie and Garth. Surely, they must've heard the car and would know that there are people here. I watched as a man and a woman started walking towards the closest building.

"Hey!" The woman from the roof yelled, "Make sure they're alive."

"Whatever, Natalie." The man yelled back to her and then walked into the building with their guns drawn.

The woman from the roof and a man walked into the building next to the one I was in, while the last man waited by the car. I slowly backed away from the edge of the roof and made my way back into the room we were staying in. There was no point in grabbing everything. We would either die, be taken away, or we will win and come back here. I searched around for a weapon I could use. It would need to be quiet so that I don't draw the attention of the others in different buildings. After taking a quick look around, I grab a machete we found in one of the buildings. I also slide two knives into my belt for extra precaution.

I head towards the door, so I could climb back up onto the roof and have a vantage point to see when they reach my building. I could possibly barricade the roof door, but I don't remember there being anything big enough up there to do so. I quickly head up to the roof trying to be as quiet as I can, just in case they already are in this building. I shut the door gently behind me and I quickly look around, hoping to find something to barricade the door with, but I find nothing.

I make my way over to the edge of the roof in time to see Natalie and a man come out, dragging someone between them.

"No." I whisper to myself as I realise that it's Garth between them. He's been staying in the building next to ours this entire time.

"Let me go, assholes!" I hear Lizzie say as she is dragged out of the building across the street by another man and a woman. She struggles against her captors but is unsuccessful.

Both Lizzie and Garth are thrown to their knees in the middle of the street. I was close enough to be able to see the man that dragged Lizzie out is clutching one of his arms as if it's hurt, and he also had a black eye. I hope she gave them a run for their money.

"Where is he?" Natalie says to Lizzie and Garth. They both look at each other before shrugging their shoulders.

"I said, where is he?" Natalie shouts at them. "I need all three of you, so I can punish you all for murdering my boyfriend and leaving me for dead."

"You were going to steal our stuff, and that boyfriend of yours was probably going to kill Spencer. You got what you deserved." Lizzie spat at her, earning a slap from the woman.

"Shut up you little brat and tell me where he is." She seethed as she leaned in close to Lizzie's face.

"I don't know who you're talking about." Lizzie said, it was a blatant lie and even Natalie saw through it. She lets out a frustrated cry.

"Search the other buildings. Starting with that one." Natalie said as she pointed at the building I was in. Crap. "You two, stay here with them," she said pointing to the man and woman who brought out Lizzie, "you, go and get the trailer, we'll need to bring them back with us," she said pointing to the man who stayed by the car, "we'll go find the last one."

They walk into the building with their weapons drawn. I quickly make my way over to the door, and I hide behind the wall opposite to the side the door opens out on, so when they walk through the door, I have a perfect line of sight on them. I get one of my knives and my machete ready. Knife in my right hand, machete in my left. I begun for formulate a plan in my head. Mentally crossing my fingers that it would work.

I have no idea how long I was crouched behind the wall for, but when the door suddenly slammed open it gave me a fright. Nobody walked through at first, but then I saw a gun slowly make its way out from the doorway. I had to wait till I could strike. Two arms came out following the gun, and I saw my chance when a leg popped out.

Luckily, in the time we had been living in different buildings, I had time to practice my knife throwing. I would like to say that I was okay at it, but thankfully this was one of my good throws. I threw the knife and it lodged itself in the side of the mans knee. He fell to the ground with a pained yell. Letting out a war cry, I ran at his with the machete raised above my head, ready to slice into him. But I forgot about Natalie. She came out of the doorway running and tackled me to the ground, the machete slipped out of my hand and skittered away from us. She quickly straddled me, sitting on my stomach and pinned my arms above my head. I tried to throw her off with my body, but she was too heavy. Or I was too weak.

"I've finally got all three of you. It's time to take you back with me so I can punish you all for what you've done." She said as she leaned in close to my face. "Boy, am I looking forward to this." 

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

A/N: Hi there. Howdy do y'all. So... here is another chapter... like three months later... I'M SO SORRY OKAY, IT'S JUST THAT UNI HAS BEEN REALLY BUSY AND I HAVE FIVE ASSESSMENTS DUE IN TWO WEEKS SO I'VE KINDA BEEN PROCRASTINATING A TINY LITTLE BIT... But! The next chapter will be the last for this part! I have decided to keep on writing in this story, it will just be in different parts. So the first 25 chapters are all Part One, the next however-many chapters will be Part Two, and it will keep going like this until the story is over! Cool right! Also, if this chapter is up, it means that I have written the final chapter and you'll be getting that next week! ALSO, WHAT THE HECK GUYS, WE'RE ALMOST AT 900 READS! DO YOU THINK WE COULD GET THIS STORY TO 1K READS A WEEK AFTER THE FINAL CHAPTER FOR THIS PART COMES OUT? DO YA THINK WE CAN DO IT? I'M DIDDLY-DARNED SURE WE CAN!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. The next one will be quite the doozey (idk how to spell that XD). What happens in the next chapter will be what the second part of the story will be based on. I have always wanted to write something like what the second part will be, but I will just be incorporating some zombies in it, and reminding myself that they are still in the apocalypse world. No matter what happens. Which reminds me, I shall be posting that chapter this weekend! So you get one near the start/middle of the week, and one at the end of the week!

Anyways, thank you so so so so so much for sticking around and I'm very very very sorry that theses chapters are taking so long for me to write. Ya know, feel free to read everything again if you've forgotten what happened. I don't mind XD You won't have to wait long for the final chapter, but you might have to wait for a bit for the second part to come out, but I will put out a message on my message board and I'll post a temporary chapter saying when the second part will start!

Please vote and comment and stuff because I love seeing the notifications and I try to respond to all comments! (Not that there are very many at this point XD) Also go follow me because why not?!

Happy Reading! 

-FlatMatesForLife