The Past

•••

"Remember Harumi, be nice and always treat your classmates like your brothers and sisters, okay?" Harumi's mother said. "And don't forget your lunch, honey..."

"And always remember that when there's an attack, stick with your teachers, it's the only way for you to be safe." Harumi's father warned.

Young Harumi giggles as she takes her lunch box. "Yes I won't forget mother, father. I love you!" She hugs her parents and kisses them goodbye as she runs to the school bus.

"Harumi!" A girl sitting by the third left row called her.

"Euna!" Harumi smiles and sits beside her. "Wow I can't wait to start school."

Euna giggles and smiles, "me too."

•••

"I will prove to you all that I'm not a weakling!" Euna shouted.

"EUNA! NOO!" Harumi shrieks as she watches her friend from the palace's balcony put on a mask. The mask manipulated Euna, changing her skintone to gray and making her hair fall, nearly bald, leaving only her ponytail. There was no more Euna...but there was Ultra Violet...

"Hahahahahahaha!" Ultra Violet killed all those men who tried to attack her. "Now who wants a fun ride? Anybody?" Oh, you! Just the perfect volunteer." A man was still alive so she pulled him up to the motorcycle and she turned on the engine. "Have a fun ride...a ride to DEATH!" The motorcycle drove off to a burning house and it killed the man. Harumi watched in dreaded horror, but she then realized that those men were allied with the ninjas so she didn't cared about the men after. She laughed maniacally and went inside her room. Something then suddenly triggered her inside, the thought that Euna was now maniacally evil, didn't seem to please her at any situation. She felt like she lost a friend, the only friend she had left...

•••

"Harumi please. Leave her out of this!" Lloyd shouted. "This is between you and me!"

"Oh Lloyd..." Harumi laughs. "This is not between you and me...because there was nothing between us!" She laughs as Lloyd felt heartbroken. "Oh Lloyd... There's nothing painful than a pain in the heart..."

•••

She grievously got inside the car as the police force her in. Lloyd took their placed and looked at her with pity mixed with anger. Harumi looked at him and she felt so regretful. She thought saying something about him being right would change his mind, but she knew that he won't fall for such a thing. She wanted to be honest this time, but she still felt anger inside her. She pushed her good self to talk to him, even if it means he won't trust her easily. "Lloyd...you were right, this isn't like me." She said.

Lloyd looked at her in a way he tried to believe her. He looked unto her eyes and saw that she was desperate, but he realized he must not fall for her tricks once more. So with a heavy heart he looked at her with anger and disappointment as he reach for the door. "Save it for some one who cares." He said crossly.

Harumi tried to attack him but he quickly closed the doors. She calmed herself as she felt so sad and empty. All her anger to the ninjas suddenly disappeared and there inside her, sadness took over.

Lloyd watched her go as the car headed straight to the prison. He felt so heartbroken and he wished he could have melted her hatred against them, ninjas. Lloyd eyes slowly filled up with tears as he watches the only girl that could've completed his life, leave in chains and in the middle of hatred of him and his friends. He somehow wish she could have outgrew her hatred, but all he can wish now is that for her to be safe inside a cell with chains and cuffs on her hands...

•••

"You said the greatest enemy you could have encountered is the one you never knew to be there in the first place." Lloyd said. "Then what am I?"

Harumi looks at him with surprise and sadness as the hate that came from mask faded away as she watches him jump off the roof. "Lloyd..." She thought.

•••

"Quiet one..." Ultra Violet says as she snaps Harumi out of her thoughts. "Our father wants us back at the palace."

"Very well." Harumi said as she tries to forget what she was thinking about.

•••

"Lloyd..." Misako said as she approaches her son. "We have to find some emergency survival supplies so that we can stay alert while we scan the perimeter."

"Oh, okay mom." Lloyd said as he pretends to just woke up from a dream.

"Is everything alright son?" Misako asks.

"No, no, just some dream I have..."

"Oh okay..."