Chapter 1 Him They Pray For

Shota

She's 9 BTW.

My head hurts soo much, my body is tingling with pain. Why are people so damn cruel?! Just to resurrect an old God, they'd test on a child through pain filled preparations. They're trying to prepare my body to handle keeping a hologram version alive. The one man everyone hates everywhere (apart from hyperion) handsome jack! I hate him, because of him I'm tortured for hours on end, I can't remember a day that I wasn't on this damn planet of waste of life.

You'd think the child about to help resurrect their God would be treated better. Have a room made for a goddess, treated with high respect right? No, I'm in chains laying on the  floor drenched in blood. Sometimes I just want to die and get it over with but my body doesn't cooperate, it just keeps breathing.

Maybe those injections and modern drugs have done something to me? All I know is I've got to get out. But how? I may be a tool for these people but I'm a special tool, guarded 24/7, heck if I need to shit I'm occopanied.

Heh, it's time. For years of laying on the ground you see how important time really is. All of my time has been wasted here that I began to see everything differently. From the slight change of handling the guards have with their gun, to their constant glances at me as if I'm gone. This tells me it's time for the last and final tests.

An old face I once saw as friendly with a warm smile is replaced by a empty shell of a human. As usual he occopanied me to the testing room, being wary of any of my movements. He's like a human calculator processing every possibility or sudden change that can occur. He's always on his feet, watching my hand movement and facial expressions as we walk, if I start twitching my hand he'll know I'm nervous, if I smile he knows I'm up to something. So I replicate every movement to be the same as they've always been faked.

"Were here, you know the drill. Same as it's always been", he says in a monotone voice.

It's a white room full of equipment everywhere (torture devices) and a long mirror nearby. As if I don't know they're watching me, idiots. A chair and long oak table relax in the center of it all.

I walk over to the tall chair climbing up it because of how small I am.

A man wearing a blue mask and white lab coat walks in. He straps me in, buckling the brown old material of leather around my wrists, ankles and around my stomach. I wince slightly from how tight it is but return my expression to my usual blank emotionless features.

This man hasn't looked me in the eye once. From the long table beside me he grabs a scalpel and cuts slightly into my skull, he grabs a 9500volt taser and jams it into the cut. It goes off with a sizzle sort of sound. Normal human beings can't withstand this unless modified in someway like me.

My body rapidly shakes as he continues to send electricity through my every bone. It feels like needles and gasoline mixed together and washed down with alcohol. I just can't keep it in anymore.

I scream a blood curdling scream as if death is around the corner, it might aswell be because my bones are shaking, the only thing keeping me in this chair is these leather straps.

Everything is spinning and my eye lids are heavy. My body has steam just evaporating into thin air and I can hear sizzling of my very body.

The man steadies my head with one hand on my cheek while using the other to slid a micro chip into the cut. Finally he uses a weird device which heats up and closes the cut.

He let's go of my cheek and my head slumps down, why me?

I can't control or even slightly move any of my muscles. I'm just dead meat lying around for predators. I can't even lift my head it's that bad.

I see black polished shoes as well as fancy trousers stroll near me.

"You did well kid, but I wish you didn't", from his voice I'd have to say Vasquez. He's probably not happy about me passing because he may have to step down from his place and make way for jack.

With my only strength left, I spat at his polished, clean shoes. It left blood mixed with my saliva. Heh, so worth it.

"watching you fry like a piece a chicken was enough for me, so call yourself lucky", he walked off with sas. If I could I'd spit something back at him but my jaw can't move, my tongue is numb and swollen.

I feel a pair of strong arms grab me. I shut my eyes not interested in the world around me.

Finally he puts me down, chains my wrists and ankles together then leaves slamming my cell. I open my eyes.

I just can't do this. My body won't do what I want it to, somebody please save me.

Everything goes dark and cloudy but the last thing I heard was a smug voice, "So Kiddo, your the body keeping me alive huh?"