Chapter 6 Saved?!

Shota's pov

Jack had a glint of mischief in his eyes as he stood with his arms crossed, staring intently at Rhys. My feet stood trained to the ground as I awaited for what would take place next, like reading a book but waiting for the pages to be written.

Jack disappeared into thousands of pixels before reappearing next to Rhys, "so you can see me because of that eye of yours?", he leaned in analyzing the electronic eye.

Rhys stood in a state of shock as if trying to process everything up to now. His friend looked at him confused.

"Rhys? Are you ok? You look like you've seen a ghost or something, and in case you've forgotten. You just picked a fight with two guys holding guns, I could use your help right now!", his friend spoke still trembling in fear, fidgeting with his hands as a means of calming down.

Rhys's pov

I could barely speak, my mouth felt dry, my tongue felt like sandpaper against my mouth. Thee Handsome Jack was right infront of me?!

"If you can see me, this should make things a lot easier", staring in shock, I felt my body slam against the floor as Handsome Jack faded into pixels. My arm started acting crazy, as if it were malfunctioning causing spasms and sparks to fly. So many error messages littered my vision as I tossed and turned on the ground feeling my body rejecting something, everyone's voices slowly became so foreign and distant to me. Vaughn's worried voice slowly faded into the distance and I felt lighter.

I walked around in a black void of nothingness feeling empty, I came across a huge screen with a chair infront of it. Reluctantly I sat down with anxiety laced in my veins. It felt strange, it was like watching myself and being aware of my actions but not having the ability to control what was being done. All I could do was watch.

I watched as my arms beat down both of the guards with little to no trouble. The kid I tried saving from before looked scared as my body seemed to inch closer towards her. Seeing her tremble triggered something inside of me, what am I doing? I need to take control again, this is my body.

Leaping from my chair I pounded my fists against the huge screen. I watched as my arms wrapped around the child's throat and began choking her.

Pounding the screen profoundly, I watched as tears streamed down her face as she gripped my arms trying to pry them open but slowly she grew pale and limp, now starting to loose grip of my arms.

"Let me take control! Stop it! She's going to die!", as if hearing my shouts of protest, I felt the emptiness of where I was dissipate.

"That's the point you idiot. Her purpose has come to an end, her living just causes myself more trouble than its worth.

I have no need for broken tools"

He was hard to read. What he was saying made no sense, purpose, tool? What did he mean? I don't care, she's still a kid.

I've always looked up to Handsome Jack, I even wanted to be just like the guy but if that means I use people then throw them away when I'm done.

I don't want any part in it.

An iron taste filled my mouth, I must've been so angry I bit down on my cheek.

"I don't understand what your talking about, but I don't care. I won't let you kill a kid using my body!", in a moment filled with emotion, reason was gone from my eyes and I now ran fall speed at the screen.

"You idiot, you really think that's going to work?!", I could hear Handsome Jack laughing hysterically from behind me. Ignoring him, I forced my legs to run as I fought back the fear that I would just smash into something solid.