Chapter 3 Trust Him?

Shota

"Shota, I'm sorry", he apologized looking away from me. I tilted my head in confusion.

"Funny, I own this place but still I can't be higher than him! Handsome jack. They still worship the man so I can't stop them from trying to bring him back. I'm sorry.", he reached to grab me but I instantly ran out the office looking for any means of escape.

"finally. You see how much of nuisance that guy is.", he lay on his back drifting along with me as I ran like my life depended on it.

"I hate you just shut up!", even as a hologram you could read when he was angry. He scrunched his face up in anger.

"YOU think you could show a little more consideration to the man who is stuck with a brat like you. Me, practically a God." Next second I knew, I couldn't control my small body.

All I could do was watch as I was running full speed towards a wall. I was in control of my body and suddenly the pain hit me. Wounds started opening from the impact of running into the wall.

I was wearing long sleeves and bottoms at the time so you couldn't see the ugly wounds.

My white clothing began to be stained in Blood.

I looked over at the hologram with embarrassment. Well now he knows..

Handsome Jack

Looking at the child with guilt, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Blood was staining every inch of her clothing from being soaked.

This wasn't what I wanted, I was just angry and in the rush of the moment I decided tah teach thah kid ah lesson.

But many questions littered my hologram mind. How did she have a wound that bad?

Suprisingly, she wasn't angry or sad. She looked embarrassed from me seeing this. It was as if she didn't want me to know.

Shota

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to go that far!", he pleaded forgiveness with his holographic eyes.

"It's fine. Anyway I have to get out of here-", I'm cut short by a man wearing a doctor's mask who grabbed me. Probably going to take me to yet another room of pain.

My eyes widen in fear. No, not now!

Hoping I could encourage the man to push the date up, I plead with tears beginning to fall.

"Please c-can you push the date u-up! My wounds h-have reopened", I was hiccupping and balling my eyes out at this point.

"Tch, who's fault was it for those wounds being reopened", he glared at me with those cold eyes.

It's seems that people don't even look at me as human anymore.

Just a tool for reviving handsome jack...

I slumped as he carried me on his shoulder to God knows where.

"Cupcake, where is he taking you?", he questioned following behind. He sounded worried.

I didn't give an answer, he'll end up finding out soon enough anyway.

***
The hologram watched as the little child was strapped to a chair.

Screams and shouts echoed through out the room as metal tools and more were used on the girl.

Handsome Jack was truly a brutal man, but as far as pushing a child on the brink of death was even too much for him.

He watched the whole thing play out with an unreadable emotion. Shota just kept staring anywhere away from the holograms eyes. She didn't want him seeing this.

Finally, everything stopped. Shota drifted into darkness and fell limp in the chair as sparks of electricity were still being pumped into her. Rods of steel were punctured through her arms, legs and and lower torso. This is how they pumped her body with electricity. Blood dripped from where the poles pierced her body.

Handsome Jack had it. He couldn't hack anything in this building of worth to save her. All this time he just stood there watching.

"KID! YOU CAN'T GO NOW! COME ON WAKE UP! WAKE UP!", he tried shaking her but it was no use his hands fazed through her body.

"Dammit! Stop it, that's enough! Can't you see she's gone!", handsome jack shouted at the men in white lab coats as if they could hear him.

It didn't matter how much he tried throwing the men off Shota or shouted for it to end. They just kept torturing the limp body of the child.

***
Shota

"Wake up, please cupcake. Just wake up", where am I? I stood in complete blackness with nothing but a voice as my guide.

Jack? Following his voice, my eyes were instantly greeted to a bright light, making me flinch slightly. Too bright, after a few seconds the light cleared and I was greeted by the familiar crumbling ceiling.

"Thank God your alive! Cupcake explain!", he seemed relieved to see me awake. But he still had this angry look he couldn't shake off.

Before speaking, I try lifting my body from the ground. This showed to be a huge mistake on my part.

My body fell back onto the ground as a result. My eyes widen in pain, it was as if a wave of pain hit me.

"Hey! Calm down, you need to rest your body. It's been through enough.", I opened my mouth to speak but words didn't come out.

Everything hurt. Pain all over my body. If I could, I'd cry but it seemed I was in too much pain to even shed a tear.

Slowly looking down at my body, I was shocked. Metal poles punctured in my muscles, blood leaking from the many wounds. And there was this indescribable twitching my muscles couldn't shake off as you could see left over electrical current still flowing through me. Wounds and burnt marks littered my skin.

Luckily for my healing ability, I was healing. Not on a massive scale, just enough so that I was breathing.

I kept twitching every few minutes due to the electrical current.

From a distance I could hear footsteps making their way to my cell. My body involuntarily started shaking. I'm scared, I'm scared, I'm scared.

As if Jack heard my thoughts, he crouched down to my laying stature. "Shhh, it's going to be okay. I promise cupcake, once your healed I'm getting you out of this place", all I could do was watch as he spoke.

The footsteps came to a halt.

"Shota!", Vasquez. He can go to hell.

"I didn't know this... That they were going to do this! I swear, Shota. I'm sorry", go away! Leave me alone!

"I'm sorry sir but I've had orders not to let anybody converse with the prisoner. Please be on your way", the guard ushered him away.

Can I just die already.

"Don't think that way! Cupcake, your making it out of here. Trust me"

'Trust me'

Where have I heard that before?