Chapter 5 Routine And Repeat

Shota's pov

Suprisingly, it's been three days since the last encounter with Handsome Jack, I haven't seen or heard of him since. The days went by the same, white room filled with screams and pain.

I was limited with options and not seeing Handsome Jack in a while made me uncomfortable (as crazy as it sounds). Maybe I truly wasn't 'linked' to him anymore and the experiments and tests caused our 'link' to fade. How am I going to get out of this place without him?

I layed on the ground of my all too familiar jail cell. My breathing was heavy and ragged, making my chest rise and fall rhythmically. Huge wounds and bruises sat freshly on my skin. Gashes of flesh was missing but I soon heard sizzling sounds and soon enough my skin began growing back, veins started to rebuild themselves at a fast pace and my body slowly started feeling stronger than it previously was. My healing ability was beginning to become powerful and it helped deal with pain I was constantly in.

"Wow, your beginning to become quite the kebab aye cupcake?", I heard an annoying voice which I dreaded to hear.

Shrivelling my whole body to face the wall, I turnt so my back was facing Jack. I was not happy to hear from him after all that time, he treats me like a tool, vanishes and now acts like we're friends?

"Silent treatment huh? How original kid", at the back of my head I could practically feel him roll his eyes and now glaring daggers at me. "So what now? Want me to leave you all alone while you cry bout mommy and daddy? Boo-hoo, you probably always ask yourself why me? What did I do? Well grow up, your not the only one with a bad past", he said the last part in a sadder tone. I clenched my jaw in anger from his previous words, how dare he act like he understands a damn thing about me!

The memories he saw, it made me feel lighter that someone knew of their existence. Now I wished they stayed the way they were, unknown, especially to him.

"Probably easy to notice but.... I fucking hate you. I've always hated you, I hated you when you were dead and I hate you right now! I wish you stayed dead", I spat with my back still facing the wall.

"Wow, was that supposed to make me cry cupcake? Because guess what?! I don't give a shit and also, don't fucking swear. Didn't mommy and daddy ever teach you not to say bad words", he kept pressing on, talking to me in a babyish-tone. I rolled my eyes in reply, back still facing him. It made me livid knowing he knew exactly what made me tick. My Cheeks began growing red and hot with anger.

He sighs deeply before speaking again, this time in a softer and less mocking tone. "Kid, listen. We don't have to like eachother but we both share the same goal. I don't want to be stuck as a hologram following a child all my life, and you don't want to be locked up in this place any longer. Just hold out during the tests and once I'm alive again. I'll give you your freedom no strings attached", his presence lingered behind me as if waiting for a reply, I felt a tang of sadness in the atmosphere.

Eventually I felt his presence dissappear and I closed my eyes in response, now trying to rest for whatever tomorrow held. Tiredness took over my body and the blackness began to lull me to sleep, I was left to one thought before my mind drifted away.

I hate him.

I woke up with a slight headache but ignored it as I rolled my body to the side, trying to get myself a few more minutes of sleep. Unfortunately that was going to be possible.

I felt slight jabbing in my ribs which made me wince, "Wake up! We just got orders to escorts you so hurry it along", he continued to tap me with his gun till I showed any sign of getting up.

As I rose to my feet tiredly, they opened the cell door, eyes never leaving mine. The guards began escorting me down the empty halls (not many people worked during these times) with me tiredly following behind. No thoughts came to mind, I felt numb and lifeless more so today than I usually did. My senses felt so shut off.

As we walked down the halls we came across two people, their body language contrasting. They were both male, one with what looked to be an electronic eye and arm, the other was shorter with a beard and wore glasses. Usually no one's working at these times, they peeked my interest so I watched them intently as the guy with the electronic eyeball seemed to be angry.
He trudged towards a bin and kicked it down, anger still present in his eyes.

The telecom then vocalised a message, "senior vice janitor Rhys to sector D451 for trash cleanup because that is your job now. To clean up trash with your bare hands", the man with the electronic eyeball looked even more (if that was possible) frustrated and angry after hearing that message.

Rhys huh? That must be his name because of how he reacted upon hearing that message on the intercom.

The guards whome were escorting me, wore heavily armoured in white gear and held high tech rifles that looked fairly new. They both turnt to me, telling me to stop walking so slow.

I looked over at Rhys before quickly speed walking to close the distance between me and the guards. We both made eye contact, he looked at me confused whilst I turnt away and continued to glumly follow the backs of the guards.

"Wait a minute!", Rhys stood infront of the guards path, blocking the way. Was he insane?

His shorter friend went to his side, slightly wobbling on his own legs and whispered barely audible, "Rhys! What do you think your doing, they have guns.", he profoundly began to sweat.

Rhys pushed waved off his friend as he continued to stand his ground. All the while, his electronic eye ball seemed to scan everything including me. It's lense analyzed everything as if we were an open book. I stood wide eyed, why is he putting himself at such a high risk?

He spoke up, "Why is there a kid on board? And why does she looked like she hasn't been looked after?", he asked question after question.

"Senior President janitor Rhys, move to the side or we will have to use force. You are in no place to ask us questions", the guard scoffed with his nose up in the air. That pissed me off, your just a dog following orders and nothing more, you have no right!

Rhys looked over at me and as if he saw something unbelievable, he looked to be in a state of shock. That's when I trailed his line of sight and low and behold, beside me stood Handsome Jack looking as cocky as ever.