Chapter 7 The Sudden Stop

Shota's pov

I sat in my leather seat swinging my legs back and forth, waiting for what would come next.

Vaughn frantically waved his hands around, "we can't bring her with us, it's too dangerous Rhys!"

Rhys turnt around, scanning my figure to see if I was alright before looking back to Vaughn.

"Well, we can't just leave her to Hyperion. Look at her!", he pressed on.

Eventually it was silent in the car, it felt unnerving. Rhys sighed deeply, "Shota, can you stay in the car? I'll have Yvette watch over you on the car monitor, if anything happens she'll notify me through my echo eye", he called the person 'Yvette' and she agreed, her face appeared on the monitor.

"Don't leave the car no matter what. Ok?", Rhys spoke slowly as he got out of the car. I watched in disbelief as he left the briefcase (which held the money he needed to close this deal) on the car seat. He forgot it.

Tapping the car window loudly, he turnt back. I waved the briefcase in the air as he chuckled nervously, not too slick is he?

He must be worried about going to make a deal in a place like this. Pandora wasn't what I thought it'd be.

Coming back, he handcuffed the briefcase to his wrist before ruffling my hair and leaving. I touched where he ruffled my hair, still feeling the warmth it let off, it felt strange. What was I feeling? Whatever it was felt warm.

Watching both of their retreating backs walk further into the town (while I stayed on the outskirts) I couldn't help but worry. They'll come back right?

"Ok, I'm going to quickly do some files. If anything dangerous comes up, inform me and I'll let Rhys know. K, kid?", looking back to the monitor I nodded as she went back to typing and sorting files.

My tongue is slowly growing back, I can feel it regrowing. Still, makes it hard for me to talk so for the mean time I'm mute as far as anyone knows.

"Just me and you cupcake?", Jack appeared and sat next to me relaxing on his arms.

"If I could, I'd follow Rhysie boy but unfortunately our link is weaker since he rejected me from taking over his body", ignoring him once again I hoped he'd just vanish into thin air like he usually does. This time he lingered around, as if he knew his presence was unwanted.

"So... Rhysie gone to some crazy museum?", he tried making small talk. Doesn't he know I can't even talk?

'So fucking annoying', I thought to myself.

"Hey, I've got feelings too yuno. I may be a hologram, a sexy hologram at that, but c'mon. I'm trying to be nice cupcake", he greeted his teeth as if what I thought got to him.

Guilt washed over me as I scanned over his posture. Crazy as it sounds, he looked lonely. He is a hologram that follows me around, so I am the only one he can talk to besides Rhys, whome he can't talk to long distance from me. He kind of reminded me of myself, when I tried talking to other kids my age they always ignored me, like I'm doing to Jack.

But everytime I feel a shred of sympathy for him this comes to mind.

He. Tried. To. Fucking. Kill. Us.

Reluctantly, I started talking to him through my thoughts. "I forget you can read my thoughts. Your a bad influence, you know that? It seems I've caught on to your bad language", I rolled my eyes but the sides of my lips began to tug upwards.

Handsome Jack looked at me with a happier posture than his slumped one he was in a second ago.

"Awwe cupcake, so you did miss talking to me. My heart is practically leaping", he replied sarcastically. He then began playing around with the music on the radio still giving me his attention.

He gave me a side look before cursing under his breath.

'being stuck with you wouldn't be so bad if you were a bit older'

But I couldn't quite catch it.

We both talked about random things as time went by slowly. Me and Jack started joking about how Rhys is probably being held as a stripper by psychos.

'I miss him', my Cheeks began to heat up at that thought and I quickly looked out the window and away from Handsome Jack. Didn't mean for that to come to mind. There's nothing bad about missing someone right?

When I looked back to where Handsome Jack had originally been sitting, he was gone? Maybe he didn't catch what I was thinking.

Handsome Jack's pov

I floated on my back, everything was black around me. My thoughts lingered and I just couldn't understand this feeling that cane over me.

Rhys? What's to miss about a guy like that? He's some plain janitor who got kicked off vice president. Why would a kid like Shota find anything worth missing in him?

It feels like she can't even see me half the time, she hates me around, for sure. I'm Handsome Jack, thee sexy Handsome Jack. Why doesn't she ever pay that mind? Rhysie boy is practically a fan boy of mine, kind of creepy if you ask me.

On second thought, maybe it's best if Shota isn't a crazy fan..