4

The loud, sudden noise of the door knocking startles you, the book in your hands almost falling to the floor.

At 10am no one should be knocking on the door to your hotel room unless you've pre arranged something, which you haven't. Or at least you don't think you have.

"Who is it?!" you call.

"I've got a message from Mr. McMahon" you scrunch your face up, slowly putting the bookmark between the pages and closing the book.

Slowly you make your way to the door, twisting the handle and opening it. You greet the small man with a scowl on your face, but you know Vince wouldn't have sent for him if it wasn't important, especially with it being you he was going to have to deal with.

"Mr. McMahon would like to see you" you nod, having already got that idea, grabbing the key to the room and locking the door, deciding it's probably better to go with no questions asked. You at least have to try and stay on Vince's good side, no matter how much the two of you dislike each other.

The man leads you to the elevator, and you follow him into it, even despite not being the most fond of the thing.

You only go up one floor in it before exiting, walking down the hall, passing a series of door leading to the rooms of various other superstars, the hotel being completely booked out for employees of the WWE.

Infront of room 286 you stop, and the man who escorted you here knocks twice on the door before opening it, gesturing for you to enter.

Once you've stepped in the room the door is closed behind you, leaving you alone with the only occupant of the room. Vincent K. McMahon.

"Miss Y/n, have a seat" you spot Vince at the other side of the room, sitting on a couch. Without hesitation you walk over to where he is sitting and take a seat on the couch opposite.

"So, you're probably wondering why you're here" Vince states.

"I have a vague idea" you mutter. Vince doesn't hear what you say, and doesn't question it.

"We have had a complaint, that you assaulted a member of the public at a signing last week" You cross your arms, raising an eyebrow. "Would you like to explain?" he asks, voice laced with indignation towards you.

"There was a group of females, all gathered around Undertaker, and he didn't look in the slightest comfortable so I stepped in. One of them obviously didn't like that, went to slap me so I reversed it. I didn't apply pressure to her arm. I didn't intend to damage her, neither did I strike first" You cross your legs at the ankle and watch tentatively as Vince jots down notes in a pad next to him.

"You did not strike first?" Vince asks.

"No" you reply, slightly offended he would think you'd show violence to a member of the public unprovoked.

"I was told you did" he states.

"I have witnesses Vince. Randy Savage, Bret Hart, hell, even ask Undertaker" Vince sighs, resting his forehead in his hand.

"Look, Y/n. She's claimed you assaulted her, and I do believe your side of the story, especially since I already spoke to some of the witnesses and they all have said what you have. I'll get a lawyer to sort it all out, but for now I'm afraid I'm going to have to take some action against you. Just to make sure it doesn't happen again" you sigh, biting the inside of your lip to stop any protest that may spill out of your mouth.

You were still going to get punished, even despite you and others clearly stating you're not in the wrong. This was just Vince wanting to mess with your head.

"I think I can help you with that Vince" you look towards the door to see none other than Paul Bearer standing there, Undertaker looming over him in the darkness. "I believe what we spoke about yesterday would be a suitable punishment"

You shoot Paul a questioning look and he just grins the most evil of grins.

"What are you up to, Bearer?" Paul seems not to hear you, instead stalking across the room to Vince.

"I know you already had the contract printed. Now would be the perfect time"

"Paul, what you said yesterday is for a later date" Vince argues. Paul chuckles, which causes Vince to sigh. The two men stare at each other for a painfully long time, but Vince ends up nodding, which you can only assume is a bad thing.

"The decision is yours now Vince" Paul hands the document back to Vince, along with a pen. You can see Vince's hand shaking, and you can't help but wonder what is on the document, and why it has anything to do with you.

You look at Undertaker to find him still intently watching you, and you wink. Undertaker simply furrows his eyebrows, confused at your action as always. You turn away, sighing in frustration.

You wish he'd just see the signs already. You know you're crazy about him, you have known for quite some time, but with Undertaker none of your attempts at flirting seem to land, no matter how obvious you make it. 

And you really are beginning to think he's like they say he is. That he doesn't have the capacity to love another and never has. Sure he's quiet, but he has to feel something.

Paul's high pitched laugh causes you to break out of your thoughts, and you see the look of amusement plastered on Vince's face.

"What's going on?" you ask. If it wasn't for Paul's laughter the room would be completely silent, no one replying to your question. "Hello?!" You ask again, waving at Vince.

"You, dear girl, are under my control now" Puzzlement shines in your eyes as your stare at the short man. "Vince just signed the contract to say you are under my control. You work with me"

"I don't think so. Like hell I'm working with you."

"I'm afraid you don't have a choice, Y/n, we had a deal" He gestures towards Undertaker and you bite the inside of your lip. You did have a deal yes.

You let your upper body fall slowly forwards until you head touches the table. You let out a loud sigh of frustration, your face sliding slowly over the wooden surface.

"Get up" Paul's voice startles you but you don't move, "Now, come on!" you groan, reluctantly pushing your head up to look at him. "If you're to work under me you are to listen to me, now get up Y/n."

"I don't have to do anything you say, Vince is my boss, and I'd rather listen to him than you" You hear Paul walk out of the room and silently thank the heavens above for the fact he's left you alone.