Dorms are a hassle

"What do you mean there is no more room?" Victoria almost screamed as she felt her blood pressure start to rise and her palms sweat.
"Look I'm sorry miss but I've done all I can. It seems we overbooked this dorm complex and there are no more rooms available."
The sudden urge to scream, and kick, and yell overtook Victoria, but she fought it and took in a deep breath.
Just as the wave of complaints was about to be released the small black phone on the counter rang with a loud chirp.
"One moment please," the woman, who had just low key kicked her out of her dorm before she had even gotten the chance to have one, asked as she quickly took to answering the call.
"Hello?"
.....
"Are you sure?"
......
"Has the Dean heard of this?"
...........
"Well yes I suppose that's true.."
....
"Alright I will tell her now, thank you."

Vitoria rocked like a boat as she anxiously waited to hear her fate.
"So that was our housing director and she had some good news...and she had some bad news." Victoria took in a noticeable gulp, " The good news is we found you a place to stay! We have a sistering complex right across the quad and they have room to take you in. The bad news is that we couldn't find a girl without a roommate so you will have to be staying with one of our male students."
When the phone lady finished she sucked in a breath as if waiting to be yelled at some more.
A male? Is this even allowed? Victoria worried.
She stood there, frozen still to the ground. The tension in the air was building with every horrific second. Victoria had been dreaming of this moment and one of the huge parts of the college experience were the dorms and she really wanted to make some girlfriends she could keep throughout college and maybe life. Now, without choice, she was being shoved into some crappy dorm with some guy who is probably just another knuckle head who got in by chance.
I'm acting childish Victoria self scolded What's the worst that could happen??
Very reluctantly Victoria nodded her head yes and hurried after a very bouncy phone lady who seemed to have been overjoyed she "fixed" the situation.
The campus was beautiful during this time of year, with trees blooming, and light leaves being carried in the air by the gentle summer breeze that was tagging along for an extra month or so.
While the campus seemed to be alive, Victoria's eyes were locked on her certain doom as she approached a large building with lots of windows and balconies and bright blue and gold doors that looked welcoming if she haven't already known what was stored away inside them.
"Welcome to your new home!" The chirpy phone lady said as she pulled back the doors in the most dramatic display ever.
A wind brushed them both as their eyes adjusted from the once very bright and colorful outdoors, to the now cold and dark insides of this dorm.
There was a lounge room that was used for recreational reasons that was crowded with plushy, leather armchairs, that were all seated around a dark wooden coffee table. There were lamps in the corners but did a poor job of lighting the whole room. There was a pool table more towards the back of the room and right to the right of the door was a large flatscreen TV.
"Hello Xavier! Just came by to drop off your new resident!"
Victoria hadn't even realized there was a other half of the large open space. There was a boy sitting behind a wide counter who has dark, messy, brown hair and large black squared glasses that covered a good majority of his face. He leaned on the table for support; he looked so scrawny that a single blow might have been able to knock him down.
Victoria waved with her free hand that wasn't dragging her heavy luggage around.
"Oh my God, you weren't kidding!"
"Well of course not," phone lady sighed as she rolled her eyes at him.
Xavier came from behind the desk and started to make his way over to the freshman girl who was eyeing him suspiciously.
"Hey I'm Xavier, I'm the main guard for this complex."
"Hey I'm Victoria."
There was a gap of awakened silence which made Xavier stuff his hands in his already worn down jeans.
"How about we get you settled?" Phone lady asked as she quickly turned to Victoria.
"Alright."