07 || Unforgettable Night

My hand lightly glided the wand over my eyelashes, coating them black. My hand was slightly shaking - I was very nervous now. I had never gone to a high school party before.

"You're regretting it, huh?"

I leaned away from the mirror in front of me. She stood right behind me. Her head gave a disapproving shake, but I ignored it and continued getting ready.

"After everything you've gone through, are you still this stupid?"

The grip on the mascara tube became a bit tighter. I slid the wand back into its place before returning to my bedroom and finding my shoes.

"You're going to believe Andrew? Do you really think he likes you? Ree, wake the hell up!"

I groaned, frustrated. "I'm going to go with him whether you like it or not!" She snorted at my snapping, and my gaze lifted off my shoes. Her eyes rolled annoyedly. "And you aren't going to stop me from having fun. Not this time."

A round of maniacal laughter rumbled off her lips. "We don't fit in with them. What fun will that bring? You're gonna just stand there?" I frowned softly, knowing it was a possibility that could happen. She clicked her tongue, pointing a finger at me."You're also underestimating me. If I want to make your night hell, then I will."

My eyes narrowed into slits. "You won't make me a monster like you."

"I'm not a monster, okay?" She hissed, kneeling in front of me, a cold expression, offended by my description of her. "You don't know anything about me, Reese. Not yet." Our eyes stood, glancing at each other for a long while. A smirk soon appeared as if she had just become happier. "Have 'fun', won't you?"

With that, she disappeared, leaving me alone. I let out a breath, shutting my eyes tightly for a second. "It's going to be okay," I whispered, trying not to flinch when her insane laughter came. It took a while to recuperate, but then I quickly slipped on my wedge heels.

Startling me, the cell phone on my nightstand began to ring. I stretched over and grabbed it - Andrew. A feeling of anxiety began to flood me, but I pressed the green button. "Hello?"

"Hey." He greeted me, making me smile softly, "I'm like two blocks away."

My eyes widened. "Oh... Okay. Um, I'll meet you outside."

"Alright. Can't wait to see you."

I grinned, my cheeks burning wildly. "Can't wait to see you too." As soon as we had hung up, I was racing to put my things away and grab whatever I needed. I then made my way outside, a car pulling up just as I exited the building's main door. I approached. My chest was about to explode any minute now.

Andrew exited his car, dressed nicely. He sent a cheeky smile as he walked close. "You look so beautiful tonight, Reese." He complimented, making me smile lightly.

"Are you really going to believe him? He's the liar."

"Thank you," I replied, ignoring the voice trying to confuse me. "You look great."

His mouth looped into a wide smile. "Thank you... Shall we get going?" I smiled, giving him a content nod, which he returned, grabbing my hand and walking me to his car. He opened the door for me.

"Thank you." The corner of my lips curled slightly.

"No problem." He smiled slightly before giving me a little nudge. "You seem nervous."

"A bit."

"Hey, don't worry, this'll be the most unforgettable night of your life."

[ ○ ]