19 || Sickos & Fortune Tellers

A white ceiling was the first thing I faced, my mind getting lost in the nothingness. It wasn't hard to get to thinking about everything. Honestly, part of me wishes I could return to a different time... My room on a Saturday morning and having an entire day peering over the Toys & Games store rooftop. At the same time, I had everything I wanted - A new way of looking at the world and myself, not being pushed onto the floor by others.

Faint snorting came from beside me. A handsome boy slept soundly. Pink lips parted, eyebrows conjoined adorably. My mouth curled upwards, taking in every aspect of his face. He looked calm and so innocent. If someone were to look at him in this state, they would confuse him for someone who didn't have a smudge of evil. That would never happen; they believe he is the bad guy, and they'll never question why. Jerome didn't have a choice. He was pushed to become this way from all of the disgusting treatment he endured. Sometimes, you have to replace your heart with a rock and hide the tender material to save the little that's left for yourself.

He wanted everyone to know that society does not have to shape you to fit the standards. Our traumas make us a little wonky. That we are all slaves to the system promising us protection. They make us do the work and rest on pedestals, taking more than we could offer. Mayor Aubrey James doesn't love us but likes to pretend because we get him the riches he needs. Jerome and I believed in the same things; we would bring it to the next level tonight.

The ginger's lips suddenly twitched in his sleep. "You sicko, stop staring at me." Burning arose on my face as his eyes peered to look up at me, exposing his green irises. A hoarse chuckle escaped him, and lazily, his hand reached to run his thumb down my cheek, "Pucker up."

Without hesitation, his lips were placed on mine tenderly. Silent giggles escaped, the vibration felt between us. He separated our lips; a curious smile sprawled onto his face. "What's so funny, sicko?" Before he could react, I took a pillow, smashing it against his face. He grunted, falling back on the bed, "For what?"

I laughed, "For calling me a sicko."

He snorted, "Oh, I hurt your feelings?"

"Yes, and you didn't deserve that kiss."

"But you love me like I love you." He fake pouted.

My eyebrow raised. "Said who?" I joked, making a dog-like snarl emit his mouth. I went to hit him again, but he caught the pillow, this time cackling.

"Nice try." He smirked mischievously and snatched my pillow, beginning to attack. I yelped, guarding my face and head. "Now, what - was - that - about - not - loving - me?" Each word coming after the pillow connected with my body. I giggled, trying to scramble away, but he pinned me to the bed, legs straddling me. He then stopped with the same grin stretched on his face. "Still don't love me?"

I laughed quietly, "But I do love you."

He leaned down to connect our lips, the softness of his causing me to become breathless. As his body released tension, I shoved him to the side. A grunt escaped him, making me laugh as I grabbed a pillow and attacked him the same way he did to me. Soon, he began defending himself, beginning a pillow fight - Running around, jumping on and off the bed. Jerome and I stood on each side of my bed with grins. I went to run out the door, but he feinted toward it, causing me to stop. I pursed my lips and placed a hand over them, hiding laughter. He then scrambled to bed to get to me, causing me to yell and run. Somehow, I still ended up being tackled onto the bed.

We collapsed on the bed - He whacked me a few more times, "Okay, okay -" I giggled, breathless as the pillow hit the palms of my hands, "No more." Instead of listening, the pillow made its way to my face, and I gave him a look, making him chortle.