Not Enough (Tony/Steve x reader)

"Hey Tony, I—." Stopping dead in my tracks, my eyes widen for a moment, but quickly narrow as my easily provoked temper kicks in. For a few moments I watch as my boyfriend Tony Stark makes out with his assistant Pepper Potts. He's got her pushed up against one of the silver lab tables, and his hand is resting on her thigh, easily accessible since the bottom of Pepper's dress is sitting high up on her legs, and getting higher. Her arms are wrapped around his neck, fingers playing with the hair on the back of Tony's head. He kisses her multiple times, making my anger rise with each press of their lips. I cross my arms, steaming. My petty ass decides to show up, and I find myself starting a slow clap.
"Encore, encore! Wait, I guess that's your fifth or sixth one by now?" I spit, making Tony jump away from Pepper.
"Amber," He stammers. "I-I-I was, uhm, we were j-just..." But I stop him dead in his tracks. Tony's attempts at an excuse were pitiful anyways.
"Uh uh." I waggle my finger in his face. "The decent human is talking. Now," I start pacing around them, hands clasped behind my back. "Why were you, my boyfriend, making out with this," I turn to Pepper, finger gesturing to her whole body. I plaster a disgusted look on my face,"Thing." Pepper opens her mouth and begins to talk.
"I guess it's because you weren't giving him exactly what he needs." She smirks at me, placing a hand on Tony's chest and I see red, but before my anger can win out, my pettiness takes things to a next level.

"Or maybe he just knows how desperate you are and decided that he was feeling the basic ass teenage fuckboy vibe today." I say coolly. There. Insulted both of them in one go. One point to pettiness. Tony grimaces at my tone and to his credit, he pushes Pepper away from him, making her stumble. Sadly for her, she doesn't get the hint and tries to walk back over to him. The rage I've been hiding behind my cool exterior busts out, and my eyes become swirling blue vortexes, different from my regular grey. My hands light up with curls of blue power, fuelled solely by my white hot anger. I silently thank HYDRA for experimenting on me and giving me powers similar to Wanda's. Pepper stops in her tracks not of her own free will. She struggles against my hold on her but I'm unrelenting. Tony just watches, at least smart enough to know when he's beat. Pepper, not so much.
"You bitch! Let me go!" she shrieks. Tony's eyes go wide.
"Wrong answer." I boom, my voice sounding very unlike myself. She gapes at me in fear. With a mere thought I wrench her from her spot and fling her out the door, slamming it after her sorry ass. Taking a deep breath,  my blue swirls fade and my eyes return to normal. My head hangs and I look at my shoes, no longer able to hold back my tears.
"Amber—." Tony starts.
"No." My voice breaks, and I look up at him, wetness streaming down my cheeks. Something inside him seems to crumple seeing me like that, and his eyes brim with his own tears, threatening to spill over. I stand there, barely able to talk. "Am I not good enough for you?" I say quietly, voice wavering. Tony stands there, hands limp at his sides. I see a slight shake of his head. "Not pretty enough? Smart enough? Perfect enough?" A sob racks my body. The gravity of this situation hits me. "How—." I stop myself, attempting to swallow the lump in my throat. "How long has this been going on Tony?" My voice raises. Now it's his turn to stare at his shoes.
"Two weeks ago, before you came back from your mission, she came on to me. Before that it was just little flirtatious comments from her, but that day," His throat bobs and he brings his eyes up to meet mine. "Amber, I'm so sorry. I-I was lonely, starved for touch, I—," His voice cracks, and the tears that had been threatening to spill for so long finally do. "I'm so so sorry." Tony brings his hands up and drops them. "I love you. I promise." 

"Right now your promise isn't good enough." I turn away from his crushed form, another sob racking my body. I bring my hands up to my face and let myself cry for a few moments before half blindly stumbling out of the room.

             •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I turn another corner, blindly tearing around the compound. Constant sobs shake my shoulders as I run, seemingly trying to escape all of my problems. I hit something solid and stumble back a few steps.

"Amber?"

The soft sound of my best friends voice makes me only cry harder. My knees become weak and I crumple, bracing myself for the impact. It never comes. Instead, I feel strong arms swoop down and pick my shuddering body up, and Steve carries me bridal style into a room I can only hope is deserted. Shutting the door behind us, Steve transports me over to a bed, or his bed. Through my tear-streaked face I can see various sketches of the team, all pinned or taped to the walls. Surprisingly, my face is the one of the things that most populates his room. Steve's shield is propped up in one corner, his suit neatly folded beside it. My best friend sets me on his bed and settles down beside me. The sobs and tears slow leaving my face patchy, eyes rimmed in red. I look up at Steve's face and he returns the stare. Rather than asking the questions I can practically see hovering between us, he just scoops me into his arms again, chin resting on the top of my head. I take a deep, shaky breath and close my eyes, all my anger and sorrow having worn me out. Steve's calming breaths against my back slowly lull me into a deep sleep.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I wake to that same, calming breathing. I turn to glance up at Steve's face, and the movement shakes him awake from his own slumber. As soon as he sees my face, that peaceful look fades and becomes replaced with one of worry. Steve opens his mouth to speak but can't seem to find the correct words. Finally, he finds some.
"What happened?" he asks, his voice gravelly. I shift myself so that I'm facing him, and launch into the story, tears brimming my eyes again. As I finish, a few tears slip out, and before I can lower my head, Steve cups my cheeks and wipes them away quickly with his thumbs.

"I'm so sorry, Amber." he whispers, thumbs continuing to stroke my cheeks.
"It's fine Steve, it was bound to happen anyways." He cocks his head in confusion. "I'm not enough for him, I don't know why I ever thought I could be. Enough for anyone that is." Steve's eyes harden.
"Did he tell you that?" he asks.
"I-what?"
"Did he say that to you? That you're not enough for him?" Steve grips my face, eyes boring into mine with a passion, an emotion I have never seen on him before.
"No, I pretty much came to that conclusion on my own." I look down at his chest, and curl my hands on it. There are a few beats of silence and I finally look up at him, confused to why he hasn't spoken. As soon as my face rises, it's met with his as he crashes his lips against mine. So much, he communicates so much into those few moments of bliss. Suddenly everything clicks into place and I pull back at the realization.
"Steve." I say, breathless. "I love you."
His face breaks into a grin at those three words, and he kisses me again.
"Don't ever," he mumbles against my mouth, "ever, say you're not enough for anyone ever again. You hear me?" He pulls his head back to look me in the eyes.
"Okay."
"Promise me." Steve growls.

"I promise."

Sorry I know this is kind of crappy. Please drop some comments on what you want me to write about! Thanks!