paraprosexia

Paraprosexia
(n.) constant distraction

...

Chapter 3

—————————

My phone starts ringing but I don't bother picking it up because applying a coat of mascara is more important right now. Just when I got done with my make up, tossing the mascara in the mess of my cosmetics, I heard a car honking. Is it Justin? Oh my god I'm not ready yet!

If I let him see me in my oversized sweatshirt that easily pass off as a dress with like really big sleeves, he might actually go for my mom's fancy knife collection. And why does my mom have a fancy collection of knives?

You know, a woman needs her entertainment.

My doorbell rings and I curse. So it really is Justin.

I climbed down the stairs and get the door. Justin was dressed in all black and his fresh hair was combed back. Justin wasn't much of a messy hair guy, his hair would always behave. His eyebrows shot up when he saw me, "Why aren't you ready yet?" He exclaimed.

"Well, I just need to put the dress on and then we're good to go."

"I say we ditch her." A voice behind Justin spoke. That unfamiliar voice caught me by surprise, then Shawn walked out. He was wearing a beige colored shirt with dark denims and his hair was nothing like Justin's. All messy and pretty.

"Five minutes Tara. Go hurry!" He ushered and walked into the house.

I ran up the stairs while shouting, "You don't go anywhere near mom's vodka Justin!"

I put on my cream colored dress and comb my hair, leaving it to its natural wave.  Now that I look at my reflection, I see my color is a lot familiar to the one Shawn is wearing. Gathering my important stuffs, I climb down.

The boys weren't in the living room when I made it down. Which meant...

Groaning, I make my way towards the kitchen. Both of them were emptying mom's vodka bottle into plastic bottles. Shawn couldn't hold the temptation in so he took a sip and giggled like a child.

"Stop that right now!" I snap and Justin jump in fright, dropping some of the vodka on the floor in process. I hate him!

I squeeze my eyes close and take a deep breath in. When I open my eyes Justin spoke up, "Sorry Tara."

I fake a glare at him while Shawn appears nonchalant.

"Clean that." I tell him and Justin nods. Shawn looked at me and then at Justin. "Bro we are getting late." He said and started to walk away from the crime zone.

"You are helping him, go. What you need is at the closet right there." I tell him and Justin obliges.

"I'm running late for a party, I need to get laid. I don't have time for you shit."

I walk closer to him, "Running late huh?" I take the bottle of vodka from him and turn it upside down above his head. He left the bottle open so you know what happened. I felt happy doing that. Watching his expression changing was so so so satisfying.

"I'm not even surprised." Justin mumbles.

My eyes went back to Shawn. He was still gaping down at his drenched shirt, fabric clinging to his toned abs. Too hard to believe, poor guy.

His eyes found mine and my breath slightly hitched. My victorious smirk faded a little. If looks could kill, I'd be dead.

But he looked drop dead gorgeous with his shining blue eyes, drenched hair that sticked to his damp forehead now.