orphic

Orphic
(adj.) beyond ordinary understanding.

...

Chapter 32

———————

"Really?" I shriek. Ethan nodded enthusiastically. I couldn't believe my own ears! Tyler and Ethan are going on a date! A fucking date.

"Where? When? Tell me!" I grab his hands and jump up and down. Ethan shrugged innocently. "I don't know! It's a surprise. He won't tell me anything. You think you can get him to tell you anything?"

I nodded. "I'll try my best."

Ethan and I animatedly talked about his date as I got my books from my locker. We had so many things to decide! His clothes, his hairstyle. Should he carry a condom or not. You never know...

"What is so exciting?" I hear a voice that immediately dims my mood. Shawn.

I face him with a tight lipped smile. "None of your goddamn business."

He smirked as he leaned on the locker next to mine. "Oh how much I missed the sass. Where were you yesterday?" Ignoring you, I wanted to say. Instead I shrug. "Studying."

"We need to get to homeroom. We'll see you later hotshot." Ethan grabbed my hand and dragged me away from where Shawn was still standing. A part of me wanted to turn around and wave him good bye. But I guess he prefers Isabelle.

We sat at homeroom, the class was yet to start. Ethan's happy face made me so happy. He was going on a date, with a guy who he really likes. We were arguing if wearing a shirt with the first few buttons opened meant asking for it when Justin plopped down on the seat in front of me.

"So, what's up?" He asked us. Ethan and I shared a look. I thought Justin was pissed at me. Because, Ethan picked me up this morning, not him.

When no reply came he turned in his seat to face me fully. "What's wrong Tara?"

I shake my head. "I thought you were mad at me, for not going to the party."

"But you did go. You left without saying hi, which is harsh but totally something you'd do. So yeah, I'm not mad." He finished with a million dollar smile. My own lips curved up without me knowing. There was no way we could be mad at each other.

The bell rang after that. Being on good terms with Justin lifted a weight off my chest.

After homeroom, Justin went away as Ethan and I walked to our next class. In our crowded hallway, I spotted Tyler. He was easy to spot, he easily towered over everyone. "It's Tyler! Act natural." I whisper to Ethan. He got nervous and made a squeaking sound. "Where?"

"Right in front of us, we're about to cross." I tell him.

"Holy fuck, are you kidding me???" He shrieked, making me laugh. It was all too cute. Tyler and we crossed. He gave Ethan a nod while smiling. "Hope you remember our date tonight."

Ethan smiled back. "Can't wait." We went separate ways after that. "..to marry you." Ethan finished.

"Woah what?" I raise my eyebrows at him. He let out a squeal which sounded like a pig shrieking as he jumped up and down. "I think I'm falling in love."