avyanna

Avyanna
(n.) Strong and powerful.

...

Chapter 76

____________

                The way I see it, there's only one thing to do. Take revenge.

Ethan had fractured his right arm, a dangerous scar ran over half of his face and every time I look at him, I get this feeling inside me. It makes my inside burn. I imagine Caleb's face in front of me and I keep punching it, again and again. Tyler has broken one knee, his right shoulder was dislocated and he hasn't gained consciousness yet. It's been ten hours since the accident and Tyler is still senseless. Just breathing.

All of us couldn't stay at the hospital and Gray practically threw us out as soon as we got there. Ethan's moms stayed back and James stayed with Tyler. But back at the gang house, it felt worse. Sitting back and doing nothing? While my best friend was on a hospital bed?

Tyler is such a good friend to me. I knew what he'd do if I was attacked brutally by the Vipers. I know what he did. After a lot of blackmailing, Adrian gave me little details on what they did to Nate. Tyler was persistent about tying Nate to his car and drive with lightening speed. My dearest father, who fuels their craziness, even approved.

My eyes turned to my hands on my lap. I hate feeling helpless. I hate not being able to help and I've had a couple moments of weakness in the past few days. It's time. I've had enough. They've seen what happens when they come for me. They've seen my brother and father protect me, my boyfriend helping me. What they haven't seen is what happens when they come after the ones I love. Abruptly standing up I marched out of the living room and climbed the stairs. They were having a small meeting in Atlas's bedroom.

Dad didn't want me to be a part of it, he probably was worried for me. After the way I bawled my eyes out for Ethan and Tyler, he lovingly suggested I should rest. Or, sit still look pretty.

The door opened and slammed across the wall, all eyes turning to me. They met my angry eyes. I looked around the room. Adrian was the least surprised. He knew I'd snap soon, after all, the fire in me can't be dimmed so easily.

"What have you decided? Are we going to take revenge or not?" I think my question was pretty straightforward. Dad took a step forward. "Tara, you will stay back here, I'll leave Adrian back with you. I can't put you in anymore risk than I already have. I'm not gonna let them hurt you-"

"Neither Adrian nor me, will stay back here. Every second you're here, planning, those scums are partying their victory. So I'm going to go, kick some ass. I'm sick and tired of playing the victim. That was never my thing." I cut him off. Dad looked at me with lost hope. Like he had hoped I won't turn out like this.

Well, surprise surprise.

"I don't know how to shoot, but you've seen my magic with a baseball bat. So I'll break their skulls if I need to. But I won't let them get away!" My shout alerted everyone. Adrian stood up, a small smirk on his face. "I'm going to go with Tara. I was never the patient one anyway." He walked towards me. It was hard, very hard, to resist the urge to jump in his arms and kiss the life out of him.

"Stop! You're not going anywhere!" Dads voice seemed to freeze Adrian. His eyes were on me and then he was looking back at dad.

"I'm the one who gives order here. And I order you two to stay back. Adrian, you will protect Tara when we are away."

"I don't need protection!" I shouted.

"Yes you do!" Dad shouted back, making me flinch. "You forgot what happened the last time I left you alone? It's not going to happen the second time!"